“Good food and location”

Cuisines: British, Pub
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 10, 2014

Great and very convenient location overlooking the Menai Bridge to Anglesey, staff were welcoming although the place was busy, we did not have a long wait for our food to be served.
The food was good and the portions were generous.

Reviewed July 10, 2014

Went here for a meal with the family. Well to say the least it was horrible. We ordered food and drinks in which half of the drinks were sent back 7 times as the cokes were flat and there was no effort to change the gas as each glass was the exact same. When the food came two plates came then a 5-10 minute gap before others came nothing came together there was gaps even though we all ordered together. Five of us ordered steaks neither if them were cooked as we requested (the chef need to learn to cook). The children's meals were not as stated on the menu as pizza bread this was a baguette on the little ones menu, babies cant eat that. The service and attitude of the manager was horrible she was rude and argued with us. And refused to give a full refund or even half for our terrible time here she only gave a refund for the child's foods as we had eaten our meals. Would never return here. I would never recommend this place to anyone not even my worse enemy.

Reviewed June 12, 2014

Went to the Antelope on Tuesday evening with friends after not being there for a good while. It looks as I remember it outside and in, a bit dark but cosy. We chose the "2 for £10" deal and I ordered the hunters chicken (always a favourite ! ) The lady who served us was cheerful albeit she was very rushed, serving the bar and taking food orders alone. There was also a girl hanging around the bar looking miserable, though we didn't have any personal experience with her.
Our food came pretty quickly with no complaints, the portions were a lot bigger than I expected, a really big breast of chicken with plenty of cheese and bacon. It was a good meal, nothing to write home about but fills you up and tastes good. I paid the extra quid for the curly fries and they were great.
We each ordered cokes with our meals, and asked for no ice ( the drinks tend to be cold anyway and ice waters them down) and were handed half full glasses ! At £1.99 you'd expect them to fill it, I was pretty annoyed about that so I didn't order a second as I normally would have.
We ordered deserts and I had the peanut butter and toffee cheesecake which was nice, and the staff kindly gave me strawberry icecream instead of vanilla. Our desserts were fine though my friend was dissapointed with his "bakewell tart" which came looking and tasting more like an inside out roly poly.
Overall the antelope is a nice place to eat, especially on a budget.
Special props to the waiter with the cast who served us at the end when my friend ordered his dessert (it took him a while to choose) who joked with us and was friendly and helpful.

Reviewed June 12, 2014

good nice food and decent size will visit again sometime , was well worth the long wait we had because they wore busy

Reviewed June 9, 2014

This inn is in the shadow of the Menai Bridge, and as we were ready for a meal we went in on the strength of an early-evening "2 for £10" offer. Glad we stuck with it, although it is likely that some go straight out again as the interior decor is so shabby, quite a contrast against the attractive exterior! Couldn't fault the cleanliness, though. The food was well-presented and filling, and the staff polite and helpful.