“Great food!”

The Garden Cantonese Restaurant
Ranked #12 of 160 Restaurants in Bangor
Cuisines: Chinese, Malaysian, Thai
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Description: The Garden Hotel & Cantonese Restaurant has been welcoming discerning diners to Bangor for 32 years and remains a heavenly haven of culinary excellence.Proprietor Andrew Lui established the Garden Hotel & Cantonese Restaurant in 1981 following a chemical engineering degree and career, and is now a leading authority on Cantonese cooking. Working together with wife and Head Chef, Alice Lui who trained in Hong Kong and China.The restaurant is open seven days a week with a comprehensive a la carte menu from 2.00pm to 09.30pm. “There are three basic principles that I believe are essential for success,” Andrew adds.“The first is good cuisine; the second is good service and thirdly, a good environment.All our dishes are freshly prepared and cooked with the finest ingredients. The Garden Cantonese Restaurant goes a little step further by offering dishes to suit vegans, lacto vegetarians, ovo-lacto vegetarians and customers with nut, dairy or gluten allergies. We also understand the importance of healthy eating and use only the healthiest of oils and lean produce in our cuisine.
Bangor, United Kingdom
“Great food!”
Reviewed January 19, 2013

The menu was extensive, service very efficient and food was excellent - really enjoyed all of the dishes that we ordered.

• Visited November 2012
2 Thank Sophie_123_13

“Great New Year's Eve”
Reviewed January 8, 2013

Wonderful meal. We live in Beaumaris and was told by friends this was the place to go. Went with my whole family. All 6 of us was amazed. The food quality, service and wine was fantastic. Chef special king prawn delights was mouth watering. 100% returning customer. Thank you everyone at the hotel for making it such a wonderful experience for my mother.

4 Thank Dywilliams
Llandudno, United Kingdom
“Fantastic start to the year”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Came here for a family new years eve gathering, they were jam packed but the service and food were excellent as usual. Although the staff weren't as attentive as usual, it was understandable as it was heaving. Have been coming for many years and will continue to.

• Visited December 2012
4 Thank foxy w
Manchester
“Food Poisoning”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

As my favourite restuarant in Bangor I persuaded my friend in going here for our Christmas meal. Having not been to the Garden Restaurant in a couple of years I was amazed how much it had changed.

Unfortunately, and I hate to say this, but the food was not up to that impressive standard that it used to be. There was no effort in the presentation - I could make a take away look better myself. And the staff were trying to rush us through every course. Whether this was down to the time of year (between Christmas and New Year) I don't know but the food wasn't even that tasty.

That night I came down with food poisoning. Reckon it was the prawn toast. This really is the end of my love for the Garden Restaurant which is a real shame.

I'm still recovering :(

• Visited December 2012
Llanberis, United Kingdom
“Hardly any better”
Reviewed December 16, 2012

We've been here a good few times and have never been disappointed. The service and food is always top class. Nothing else to say.

• Visited November 2012