“Attentive staff, food only just edible”
Review of Pier Brasserie

Pier Brasserie
Ranked #25 of 158 Restaurants in Aberystwyth
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Pier Brasserie boasts a rustic, informal environment for dining out with friends or family. The restaurant offers a comprehensive range of meals that cater for a lunchtime snack to a three course evening meal, all offered with uninterrupted views over the spectacular Cardigan Bay.The unstructured nature of the restaurant means you can enjoy dining out in Aberystwyth for as much or as little as you like; or simply enjoy a relaxing drink at the bar.
Reviewed August 5, 2013

We visited my neice in Aberystwyth as she was staying for work over the student summer break and she brought us here and recommended it. The staff were very attentive and friendly, but unfortunately the food had been left cookng in oil that was probably a little past it cooking best. Everthing tasted over cooked and had an 'old oil' taste to it. I had the surf and turf. The steak was fine but the onion rings and calamai were very dark brown and the taste of the batter overpowered the taste of the onion and calamari which were difficult to tell apart. my husband agreed that the fish hae hd was spoilt by the dark brown batter and he couldn't taste the fish. Wedidn't stay for a further course.

1  Thank Cheryl G

Reviewed July 31, 2013

Popped in on the off chance they could fit me and my friend in and i am so glad they could.... the staff were all excellent! real assets. the food was amazing, some of the best dishes we have had! and working in the hotel/restaurant business, I am not easy to please and i will definitely be back for another meal on my next trip to Aberystwyth! Very Highly Recommended!!

Reviewed July 25, 2013

My partner and I came here for dinner last week. We were greeted by a women who, for a restaurant that tries to come across as higher end (with ridiculous prices to match), was wearing cut off leggings and trainers. She addressed me as 'darling' and 'sweetie', which is appalling for I am obviously a lot older than her and she had a patronizing tone to her voice whenever she addressed my partner and other staff. She must have a manager for the way she spoke to the other members working however she wasn't any where near as professional as the young man that served us our food. The food itself wasn't bad, but overpriced.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

We ate here after our Grandaughters Graduation. There were 7 of us and four had fish and chips. The portions were large and the batter was crispy but thin which meant that there was a lot of fish. The chips were delicious. All the staff were attentive. We had a corner table overlooking Cardigan Bay and the prom. The other meals were also delicious.

Reviewed June 16, 2013

I am afraid I have to agree with recent reviewers of this restaurant. My family and I went there for Sunday dinner and were greatly disappointed. Much of the food, particularly the roast and mash potatoes looked on the plate as if they had come out of a freezer bag - and they tasted as if they had too. At this time of the year there can be no excuse for not using fresh vegetables. The plates were also smothered with gravy - perhaps they were trying to hide something!