“Wonderful service” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Pier Brasserie

Pier Brasserie
Ranked #19 of 147 Restaurants in Aberystwyth
Cuisines: Bar, British
Good for: Kids, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups, Romantic, Dining on a budget, Scenic view
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Pier Brasserie boasts a rustic, informal environment for dining out with friends or family. The restaurant offers a comprehensive range of meals that cater for a lunchtime snack to a three course evening meal, all offered with uninterrupted views over the spectacular Cardigan Bay.The unstructured nature of the restaurant means you can enjoy dining out in Aberystwyth for as much or as little as you like; or simply enjoy a relaxing drink at the bar.
Rotherham, United Kingdom
“Wonderful service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2013

I recently dined here whilst visiting my son at University. The restaurant itself is very quaint and nicely decorated, with some of the best views I've ever experienced dining looking out onto the Aberystwyth shore line. The menu is also varied and interesting.
We were lucky enough to experience some of the best customer service here that we've ever had the pleasure of receiving from a very lovely Italian man and an extremely polite young man who was from near us in Yorkshire, both of whom went out of their way to treat us as well as they possibly could. The only downside was the food, which was just average. My steak was slightly too chewy and my son's burger was almost inedible and soggy, and hearing the kitchen staff yelling at each other and at the wait staff put a downer on such an otherwise nice atmosphere. My daughter's and husband's meals were, however, very well presented and delicious and the competency of the staff who served us made up for any other problems.
Would definitely come back to eat here again, if just for the beautiful views! Thank you.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

• Greek first
Newport, United Kingdom
“One of our favourites in Aberystwyth with the best view”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2013

Appearances can be deceptive, infact appearances stopped us even looking at the restaurant. The restaurant is down a long corridor and we always thought a restaurant at the end of a pier is not going to be very good but we took the plunge one day many years ago and did the long walk. When we got to the bottom and walked inside we knew this was going to be a good restaurant, because who greeted us but Manuel, Aberystwyth's best front of house and the most sought after and head hunted. If anyone remembers when Harrys was a restaurant rather then a bistro you will remember Manuel. With Manuel in charge the staff are very attentive, very friendly and seem proud of their work. The restaurant has large windows to show off the fantastic view offered. You can choose from the A La Carte Menu, a very varied Pizzeria menu. There is also a day time menu with plenty of good quality food to choose from. There is always a large choice of fish in the starters and the mains and daily specials to choose from aswell. The food quality is excellent and the portions for the type of food are also very large. I have lost track now of how many times I have been here and never ever had a bad experience or even a so so experience, We have now been here for News Years Eves for easily the last 5 years, which I would thoroughly recommend as there is no hike in food prices (not like 90% of restaurants on New Years Eve), you are not made to choose from a limited menu, you have the option to still choose from the full a la carte menu as well as being offered some very nice specials just for the night. I supposed I am biased as Manuel does make it a pleasure to go as he makes you feel like a special friend.

Lisa & Neil

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Lisa H
“Terrible”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2012

Raw chicken the kitchen knew about and still served. Really vile wouldn't go anywhere near it again.

Visited December 2011
1 Thank Kate R
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Worst service in aberystwyth”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012

I booked a table but was still expected to wait for half an hour after my booking before being given any menus. After a further half an hour i went to find the waitress to take our order, she did not come over after that so i sought out the manager who gave us some free olives and took our order. He even recommended wine for the meal. After another hour wait and two bottles of overpriced red wine i gave up and left with my family. Waiting for two hours for a meal is shocking and unheard of in Aberystwyth. I wouldn't send anyone to that awful place. However i can fully recommend the seafront palace Chinese takeaway across the road who had fantastic service in comparison.

1 Thank abergirl88
Aberystwyth, United Kingdom
“Excellent for Sunday lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012

Went there recently with mother for Sunday lunch. We had been previously, a few times, for week day & Sunday food, so knew the food would be good. We received a very warm welcome & were shown to our reserved table, right next to the window from which you can view the promenade, sea & Constitution Hill. Lovely! The staff were friendly & attentive & their service faultless. We both went for the fish option, & the salmon was superbly cooked with a beautiful creamy sauce. The only problem we have had there is with the vegetables. I like them with a bit of crunch, but mother prefers them softer. On a previous visit, the veg were even too al dente for my taste, but on this visit, they got it just about right....Just! I enjoyed them, but mother would have liked them a little more done. The portions are generous, & this also can present a problem for mother: she prefers to have the veg served in separate dishes so she can help herself. I must say that I like that too as it means I end up with more lovely veg to eat!! The dessert was lovely: a fab little sharp & sweet key lime pie. The Sunday lunch prices are not as cheap as other places in & around town: it is not a set price. However, when the food, & the service, & the view & atmosphere are this good, you don't mind paying more. Recommended.

• Visited September 2012