“great for wedding”

Dining options: Reservations
southampton
“great for wedding”
Reviewed August 7, 2013

This is a great place to hold a wedding reception, large bar area, and the food was fantastic, both the sit down meal and the large buffet for the evening. Drinks were reasonably priced and not over the top!

Visited August 2013
1 Thank SouthamptonBeats

West Wales
“The best Sunday lunch in Aberystwyth”
Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

Help yourself to a choice of starters or order soup. I had the broccoli and stilton soup which was a meal in itself. Very tasty.
Then the main course. There was a choice of five meats in the carvery -turkey, beef, pork, lamb or ham. Vegetables and gravy were freshly brought to the table. Excellent meal. Then the sweet table in the centre of the room. What a choice! I would have eaten several if I could. It all looked so appealing. I had the rice pudding - perfect, along with some fresh strawberries. All for £17.95 and half price for kids under 10.
The Marine is located on the promenade in Aberystwyth. Welsh speaking staff as well. Diolch yn fawr.
We will definitely call again.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Craffwr
Aberystwyth
“Sunday carvery is a must!!”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

For anyone living in or visiting Aberystwyth Sunday lunch in the Marine is a must try. There is a choice of 5-6 different meats on offer every Sunday (I had a slice of each!!) The veg is fresh and plentiful as are the yorkshire puddings and roast potatoes. The service is always excellent, friendly and efficient. There is also a good choice of starters and the sweet table is something else!!!

• Visited April 2013
3 Thank Geraint W
Wales
“Brilliant Christmas Dinner”
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Brilliant Christmas Dinner and Show at an extremely fair price with lots of top quality food. Well done!

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Dyntan
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Fantastic food and service”
Reviewed June 24, 2012

Following a previous visit to this establishment, I reviewed the hotel, but this time I will concentrate on the restaurant. My wife and I were 1 of 3-couples that meet-up annually for a decent meal, a few drinks, lots of laughs and much nostalgia; for the fourth year we decided to visit the Marine Restaurant in Aberystwyth. A table next to the window was reserved for us with great views over the stormy sea and there were only about eight other guests in the reataurant, but in the ballroom was a wedding reception, which must have stretched the staff resources, but you would never have known it. Most of us ate different items from the menu, all of us thoroughly enjoying our chosen food; I started with prawn cocktail - it had a very generous helping of succulent prawns and for my main course I ordered a sirloin steak - so well cooked and tender served with a good fresh salad and chips. Dessert was apple-pie and custard; every course was generous and I did not leave the table hungry! As with previous visits the quality of service could not be faulted, Lydia, our waitress for the past 4-years was the perfect ambassador for the restaurant, whatever task she has to perform is given 100%, she goes out of her way to help each customer, everyone is treated as though they were the only person that matters. I do not know (and do not want to know) how much the Marine pays Lydia, but she deserves to be paid much more than the average waitress, because she is much more than the average waitress! Thanks Lydia, you made our evening a special treat.

• Visited June 2012