“special treat”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed January 8, 2013

Wonderful restoration, gives a lovely feeling of grandeur and a taste of past luxury . Special place to take friends for birthday lunch or tea.

1  Thank crazyparentsWales

Reviewed December 1, 2012

Had a very nice meal at the restaurant in the Nanteos mansion. The food was lovely and the service excellent.

A couple of things they owners / chef might like to consider. Some of the portions were on the large side - I had a bouillabaisse to start - that was definitely a lunch, if not a main supper course. My wife had the cheeseboard with no description of the cheeses and apparently no local cheeses - a real shame with such great cheeses produced in the Ceredigion area

Reviewed October 8, 2012

Full of character, lovely location. Very helpful staff and good restaurant. Bedrooms are high standard.

1  Thank William M
Reviewed August 27, 2012

We booked a table for dinner and were welcomed at the door and shown to the bar for pre dinner drinks and nibbles. Shortly after our dinner was ready in the dining room - tables beautifully set and the room looking delightful. I was a little disappointed that my chair was not held for me as I sat down and had to move it myself but the staff were very friendly and welcoming. Our meal was excellent - we thoroughly enjoyed the starter and maincourse but felt the dessert was lacking in flavour. I note from other reviewers that they were shown around the mansion and we would particularly have liked to see the music room which we were told about from friends, but no offer of a tour was given which was a shame.
Hopefully we will be able to visit when on holiday next year and perhaps do the full tour.

Reviewed August 13, 2012

Nothing was too much trouble-even when I asked to move inside from the outside dining area , drinks were carried for me.Superb food and nice cocktails too! Would not go elsewhere next time I'm celebrating!