Lowest prices for your stay
$141
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
$101
Hotels.com
$101
Priceline$141
Travelocity$101
Orbitz.com$101
All reviews welsh rarebit the blue room sea view sea front lovely bathroom lamb no lift the ground floor first floor seafront hotel toast stayed one night single room biscuits slate yn pier
Selected filters
Reviewed December 6, 2016 via mobile

Beautiful boutique style little hotel just in front of the sea. Old building very well equipped and serviced, comfortable and cozy, it has also a great restaurant. May be the LED TV could have been bigger, but truly nothing to regret.

Date of stay: November 2016
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank Diego K
Reviewed December 3, 2016 via mobile

Even though there is not that many rooms in the hotel but it is such a treat to stay in Gwesty if in Aberystwyth. Really love returning to it when over on business . Room is lovely with a fantastic ensuite. Had a cracking evening meal and brilliant breakfast in the morning. Staff are so friendly. Look forward to returning

Date of stay: December 2016
Reviewed November 29, 2016

Lovely spacious airy room with a sea view so very comfy, modern and first class cleanliness. Quaint dining room with wonderful delicious food. All in a wonderful location and being looked after by a wonderful team of friendly staff.

Room tip: Lovely seafront view
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Paul M
Reviewed November 22, 2016

Nice bed and breakfast but would say this is 5*. I suspect the other rooms do not have the same issue but room 2 was noisy and this impacted my stay. It sounded like there was a fan in the kitchen below (noise stopped off until 9.45pm), it appears that some plumbing must be routed via this room as could hear water running, I could hear staff talking in the kitchen until 10.30pm. Apart from these issues it was nice. Therefore I think the room was over priced and that a note should be added to the website to not only state it is above the kitchen but there will be noise. I would also suggest adding curtains as this may block some of the outside noise out. The room has a view the yard / bins. Lovely breakfast and good service in the restaurant. It really is a nice place to stay if the issues highlighted could be resolved. I would have raised this when I checked out but I wasn't asked how my stay was, having read other reviews after staying I may suspect they may not ask. The restaurant is fantastic and I would highly recommend it!

Room tip: Choose a sea facing room, not room 2
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank Travellingtoandfrom
Reviewed November 17, 2016

We booked the 4 ocean view rooms (1 adult per room) on our Welsh road trip. They were fantastic! A highlight of our trip. Dinner and breakfast were wonderful. The staff couldn't have been more personable and lovely. Aberystwyth castle ruins are just down the street. Also, a must see!

Room tip: I booked the more expensive room on the top floor and the bathtub was incredible! You'll be happy with any ocean view room.
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends