Gwesty Cymru
    Queensbridge Hotel(Aberystwyth)
    • Breakfast included
    Plas Antaron Hotel(Aberystwyth)
    Very Good 4/5
    All reviewsscotch eggthe blue roomsea viewwelsh rarebitboutique hotelsea frontfabulous bathroomsmall hotelrain showerwalk in showerfull welsh breakfastlovely little hotelthe ground floorevening mealcardigan baystayed for one nightlocal produce
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed April 26, 2014

Stopped here with my Mum for lunch one weekday. Great choice of food on the menu including several specials. The food was delicious and the service was excellent. Would highly recommend a visit and I shall definitely be going back soon.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
    Reviewed April 22, 2014

Beautiful spot for a late morning coffee outside in the sunshine overlooking the prom - a rare treat despite a lot of good coffee spots in Aber. Great service. Good looking menu and strong reputation - next time we will definitely stay for lunch!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
    Reviewed April 13, 2014

Rhaid imi dweud fod y gwesty yma'n wych. I have to say that this hotel was excellent. We had a wonderful time excellent service, perfect decor, position, staff and service - nothing too much trouble and friendly beyond belief.
    My only tiny teeny moan is that I love feather pillows - but they were foam and I never sleep as well on foam pillows.
    We were only there for two nights to attend the theatre so never actually ate there having arrived too late on the first night ( i'm sure the staff would have accommodated us but I don't like eating late) I really wish we could have stayed longer and sampled the menu, as breakfast was a delight, but we did enjoy a lovely bottle of bubbly in our room on the first night. We will most definately be going back. Aberystwyth was lovely too. It lacks the gentrification of so many seaside resorts in Britain. It maintains a local, bustling, working atmosphere so often missing in other resorts more devoted to tourism alone. It has a young feel in many ways probably due to the high student population which also gives it a flavour of a mini city yet it still retains its Welsh identity and Hallelujah for that!!
    I believe a Premier Inn is about to open just along the promenade which will bring some competition. I suppose it will cater for a certain clientele but if you want authenticity, genuine warmth and hospitality and a feeling that you are actually in Wales then look no further. Otherwise you might as well go to Bognor!!
    Diolch yn fawr iawn i bawb yng Ngwesty Cymru am y croeso cynnes.

Room Tip: Go for a sea view
    • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
    Reviewed March 29, 2014

This really is a excellent hotel. This was my second visit. I spent three night in the attic room which is spacious, stylish and very comfortable. The sea view was a special treat. I had dinner each night in the restaurant and every course was wonderful and substantial. Even though Welsh is the first language used at this hotel English only speakers are made very welcome. All the staff are a credit to the hotel. The dinner bed and breakfast rate was very good value for money. My only complaint is that Gwesty Cymru is so popular that sometimes I have not been able gat a room and nowhere else seems as good. I suggest you book the hotel and restaurant well in advance.

Due to the nature of the building there is no lift meaning this hotel may not be suitable for everybody. I always managed to park with no problem on the road at the front of the hotel.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
    Reviewed March 12, 2014

Absolutely wonderful hotel, right on Cardigan Bay with a terrific beach view. Very comfortable room with good bed, well appointed bathroom. Food in the restaurant (breakfast and dinner) was killer! Full Welsh breakfast very tasty, served piping hot. For dinner we had roasted beet salad with pine nuts (yummy!) to start, blue cheese crusted squash and walnut tart and lamb rump. Everything was just plain excellent. This place is a gem, but not inexpensive.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple