“Very happy!”

Ranked #4 of 36 Aberystwyth B&B and Inns
Hadleigh, England, United Kingdom
“Very happy!”
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Lovely B&B, I had a warm welcome on arrival and my bag was taken up to my room. My single room was spacious, beautifully decorated and both room and ensuite were spotless.
Breakfast was delicious with lots of choice and the owners were only to happy to accommodate my offspring (after her first night at uni) for breakfast for a nominal extra charge - vegetarians catered for.
Plenty of free parking available across the road.
I have already rebooked for when I pick up offspring next summer!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 30, 2013

I'd stayed in the Bodalwyn a few times before but that was quite a long time ago. Nevertheless, as soon as I arrived both owners recognised me, addressed me by name, and gave me a welcome such as the prodigal son once had! I was really impressed. My room was huge, stylishly decorated, and exceptionally comfortable. Breakfast was really excellent. The thing I like about the Bodalwyn is that it feels like a family house and has a very warm and relaxed atmosphere but the decor is like that of a high-class hotel. In fact, as it happened, I stayed in Gwesty Cymru in Aberystwyth in the same week - that really is a high-class hotel - and, although I liked both places very much, it's the Bodalwyn I will return to.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed September 28, 2013

A warm welcome, my luggage taken up to the room, a small desk provided for my computer! Hilary and Clive are always friendly and helpful. The room was very comfortable, beautifully decorated and well maintained. Their delicious breakfasts were a great way to start the day.
Currently there is a free car park across the road which is great when parking can be a challenge. The B&B is conveniently placed. Mostly, I could walk to everywhere I needed to go. I also found their website to be more useful with more details than many others.
If you are looking for somwhere to stay in Aberystwyth, I would highly recommend Bodalwyn.

Room Tip: Let Hilary know what it is you are after and she will help you select the best room for your needs.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 1, 2013

We have stayed with Hillary and Co at the Bodalwyn for more years than I can remember. We've seen their kids get bigger year by year and Jazzie the cat get a little older too.

You can be sure of a warm welcome into the Bodalwyn. The rooms are spacious, none is the same as the rest so they all have some character rather than the souless boxes you can stay in. Breakfast is plentiful and served at a range of times and nor is it one of those places that locks its doors at 10:00pm sharp. You get a room key and a front door key and are free to come and go as you please.

Tea and coffee making facilities are in each room and you get some biccies too.

If you want to feel like one of the family stay at the Bodalywn - we can guarentee you'll be back!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Oxford
Reviewed August 30, 2013

This B&B is in a great location, just one street away from the sea front, the room we had was very spacious and clean, very comfortable. We parked on the street outside and also in the car park oposite, it was not a problem, which was a bonus being so close to the sea, and to town.
Breakfast was good and the hosts were friendly. I would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Stourbridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 21, 2013

Our third visit to Bodalwyn and the service, style, and ambiance was as excellent as ever. our family room was large, comfortable with excellent beds! Spotlessly clean. Hilary and Clive excel as hosts and cook a wonderful locally sourced breakfast. Well worth seeking out.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Shepperton, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 7, 2013

I had an excellent stay at the end of June, wonderfully clean and spacious room with all of the home comforts you could wish for like a lovely strong shower and a generous helping of complimentary hot drinks and biscuits.

Clive and Hilary are excellent and very hard working hosts and the breakfast was excellent, I hope to stay there again next time I'm in town.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo