“Real Hospitality”

and 1 more site!
Queensbridge Hotel
Ranked #12 of 13 Hotels in Aberystwyth
Reviewed June 10, 2013

From initial phone call to checkout our experience was 100% We needed disabled accessibility
and pet friendly facilities. The principal host Simon is a true proffessional.
Our room was outstanding in size,quality and comfort,we had a re-booking problem which
was dealt with sympatheticallly and professionally.
I noted some comments about noise and odd problems with fixtures and fittings? you are booking
a seaside hotel in a budget category. We will be adding the Queensbridge to our "Return" list
Very Satisfied "Cardiff.

Room Tip: If disabled ask for room 12
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 2, 2013

We booked this hotel for a one night break on late rooms for £65 and stayed there on the 1st of june, after we booked it we read the reviews on this site and thought, oh god what have we done, but we had a great stay the room we had room 18 was on the top floor and spotless. We only met two of the staff and they were very helpfull. We mist breakfast our own falt so cant comment on the food, they told me that the owner had just finished a refurb and only had one more room to do, we have booked Harry's for a stay in july so we will see how they compere but in all it was great and would stay there again I gave it 4 out of 5 because the lift did'nt work

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 18, 2013

This was my first visit to aberystwyth and we were so looking forward to it, l knew as soon as I entered the hallway something just wasnt right. It was the worst hotel I have ever been to, we couldnt get up the stairs for workmen and couldnt get to our room at one point for workmen putting the lights out and stopping us from entering the stairs to get to our room. The room was very dirty and didnt have a nice smell at all. It was very old fashioned with woodchip on the walls...Ive never booked a hotel or stayed at anything like it ever. I just wanted to cry thats how bad it was...£65 for one night, ive stayed at premier inns for £19 with really nice rooms. The bed had a disgusting headboard on it and the toilet was filthy. The shower was cold water, with no hot water at night or the morning. We just felt totally cheated and we left first thing in morning, 8ish. I dont know how this can pass as a hotel honestly. It was a complete nightmare of a place. I wouldnt recommend anyone to stay here, if you are used to nice hotels.

Room Tip: dont choose this hotel at all.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Pleasant staff. Hotel lounge cluttered and seemingly not in use, bizarre considering the wonderful view to the front and out to sea.
Room was ok, reasonable size for a Victorian townhouse. We had room 17. Bathroom fan was disabled and shower floor somewhat nasty I'm sorry to say. View through small windows just wonderful. Chair in awkward spot bybwindow between bed and dresser. delete one of the chairs I'd suggest.
Room marred a little by being on top floor but no big deal for fit folks. Carpet was rucking up and needed pulling out, as floor was a little bowed.
Management were lovely, well mannered, very patient, diplomatic and polite.
Apart from bathroom being a bit nasty I'd return again.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed April 19, 2013

I stayed in the Queensbridge during the summer to visit my boyfriend, who stayed there with me. The room was fine, not particularly dirty, but not immaculately clean. The sheets on the bed were the type that give you static shocks whenever you move. That I can live with.
However, in the time I stayed in the hotel, the fire alarm went off several times. Once it went off at around 5am and on our way out, the man on duty came up to us and asked us to knock on the other patrons' doors to see if they were smoking. We told him "no" and went to sit outside until the alarms went off again. Another time the alarm went off while I was in the shower and on my way out, the same man appeared demanding to know if I had been smoking in my room. I don't smoke, and my boyfriend had already left, so there was no chance of that. As it turned out, the extractor fan in my bathroom was filtering steam into the corridor and had set the alarm off, though the other times the alarm went off were not during showers.
The room was only cleaned twice in the one week we stayed there, despite putting the sign out for the housekeepers to come in every day. When I raised the issue in an email after my stay, the manager of The Queensbridge responded with this: "The sign that you put up for maid service was actually a do not disturb sign and that is why you only received maid service twice." Actually, the sign is two sided, one side says "Do Not Disturb" and one says "Cleaning Services Please". I was genuinely insulted that the manager would try to imply that I cannot read in order to get out of taking responsibility for her hotel.
I also informed the hotel of the noise that the elevator makes. Every time someone passes through the sensors on the doors, it makes a loud beep. The lift was right next to my room and every time someone used it in the night, I was woken up. The manager replied that the lift "shouldn't make any beeps", indicating that she has no idea of what is in the hotel she runs. It would take one use of the lift to see what I was talking about.
The internet was slow and constantly disconnected during my stay and the excuse the manager gave for this was that "the router is in [the staff] office" and therefore the signal didn't properly reach my room. If that's the case, then there should be a booster halfway up the building, as my room was not on the highest floor. Internet was included in the bill of my stay, so not being able to connect during the day was very disappointing.
On top of all this, the stay costed me £575 for 7 nights. When I sent the manager a very detailed list of the problems I had with her hotel, she offered me a discount on my next stay, which would be lovely if I had any intention of going anywhere near that place again. It does not surprise me that the owner of the hotel has been arrested for fraud.

Room Tip: Front rooms get cold winds through the windows.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 14, 2013

The room and rate was good. However, there was a young man who got drunk and pretty much terrorized the place all night. This was not the hotels fault but what was their fault is that no hotel staff stay in the building during the night. Consequently there was nobody on site to address the issue, and all patrons calls to the front desk went unanswered. It was a very terrible experience for all the patrons. They need to keep staff in the building during the night!!!!

Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Manager very friendly - almost like he was trying too hard. Room had plenty of drinks and the bed was very nice. Room was quite cold in the morning, heating whirred on at 7.30. Shower rather cool and low in pressure. Bathroom needed a deep clean, glass to drink from hadn't been washed. All in all, great value if you're not too fussy.

• Stayed: February 2013