“Nice Hotel”

Aberystwyth Park Lodge Hotel
Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Aberystwyth
Reviewed February 22, 2013

I would normally stay in the Nanteos Hotel in Aberystwyth, however I was informed that they did not open on a Sunday or Monday during the winter months which came as a surprise

So I contacted the Park Lodge Hotel who confirmed my booking at £70 for 1 night including breakfast which seemed good value. And I have to say that although not as luxurious as the Nanteos it was very comfortable, with a good and varied menu for the evening meal and an excellent breakfast. I would stay again

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed February 18, 2013

I stayed here at the begining of Feb for two nights on business and was very impressed. The spacious room was spotlessly clean, quiet and provided more than enough towels - the bed was so good I wanted to take it home. The en-suite was of a very high quality. There was a tray with quality tea & coffee and all the usual little extras. The staff were exceptional and were attentive with requests. I was with a group of 10 people and we were well catered for. The only slight negative was the breakfast was served in the the bar - but there was a superb choice of options. Suitable for individuals or families - highly recommended.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Sadly I had to bury my lovely mum on the 13th Feb. She lived in Aberystwyth so I rang Parc Lodge and booked the Wake. Throughout the week I kept ringing booking bedrooms the ladies
on reception were always happy cheerful nothing was to much trouble!!! We arrived went up to our room which was really lovely, clean and fresh. We decided to go down to get something to eat. The room had tables and chairs where you could eat or there were a few settees if you wanted to relax. The menu was very extensive we were really spoilt for choice. When the food arrived you could see it was freshly made. The portions were large and absolutely delicious. Staff were attentive pleasant and nothing was too much trouble.
The next day we had breakfast which was multi choice freshly cooked. After the funeral we came
back to Parc Lodge and we were shown to a room which was set out with tables and chairs covered by pristine white tablecloths. To our left were a couple of tables laden with sandwiches
cakes etc and there were a couple of ladies stood behind ready to offer tea or coffee. Every time
the food was eaten it was replenished from the back thus it was always fresh no sandwiches turning up at the edges here. There was also a bar for those who wanted it.
Checkout was smooth and easy. I would definately stay at this hotel again it was 1 million percent user friendly. I have to thank SARA (and her colleagues)for a stress free visit.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 11, 2013

Stayed at Aberystwyth Park Lodge Hotel for two nights in early February. The staff were all efficient and keen to please. My room was pleasant, warm and well equipped. The bed was extremely comfortable and all bedding was to a high standard.
I was with a party of people who dined together each evening. The food was enjoyable and served by efficient staff who were attentive to our needs.
Breakfasts were cooked to order with a wide choice available.
The free WiFi worked well in my room and there was ample desk space and power points for charging laptop, phone and cameras.
Nowhere is perfect however and I found that the device on the bathtaps to operate the shower couldn't be persuaded to work so I just enjoyed taking baths instead of showers and the other thing I must mention is the rather unusual toilet roll holder which was supposed to work by means of a spike which went through the centre of the loo roll. The loo roll in my bathroom kept escaping from this device so it was a case of just not replacing it into the holder. Not a big problem but obviously a bad decision if all the bathrooms are so equipped. I also noticed a small area of floor between toilet and the bath that hadn't been cleaned properly – soon sorted with toilet paper and brought up to the standard of the remainder of the room and bathroom.
All in all I would highly recommend this hotel which has ample parking and in a convenient location on the edge of the town. Frequent bus services into town run from just across the road at the Morrison supermarket.
I would be pleased to stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 4, 2013

Booked 2 rooms at Park Lodge, couldn't fault either, clean and spacious. My dad (80+) was staying in 1 room and was given the option on arrival to be on the ground floor, which he was pleased about. He had the mixed grill for his evening meal and said it was really good
Staff were pleasant and helpful.
Breakfast was brill, good choice and piping hot.
Would definetly recommend to anyone visiting Aberystwyth, shall stay again myself.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 2, 2013

clean hotel, loads of free parking, just 1/2 mile from central Aberystwyth. roons comfy, typical conference hotel standard, good tv in rooms. on a main road but not heavy traffic. convenient for morrisons fuel station. stayed here a few times and no problems. reasonable standard breakfast but filling.

Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

While travelling a long distance to reach our destination it was only wise we check into a hotel for the night while on business. We check in which was quick and easy and went to our room. Very modern decor . Have all the basics in the rooms and a good nights sleep.free toiletries to use and a powerful shower, breakfast was very good and a good variety. A good stay ...

• Stayed: January 2013