“Lovely, quiet and well equipped cottage”
other travelers have booked this property
Doleos in May evening sunshine
View from the kitchen door Two luxurious sofas to help you relax while enjoying the view
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
Doleos in May evening sunshine
View from the kitchen door
Two luxurious sofas to help you relax while enjoying the view
Have the beds linked for Super-king
OR twin bedded bedroom overlooking garden and meadow
Very well equipped kitchen including fridge, dish-washer, microwave and clothes wash/dry machine
Dine out on Doleos patio and admire the views
View from the meadow gate towards the coast and you can also see the distant Cambrian Mountains
Really comfy sofa-bed in the lounge if needed and pre-booked
Plenty of books and brochures
Private parking directly by Derwen Cottage
View the glorious surrounding countryside from the meadow
distant views of open countryside from the meadow
garden path feature at Derwen Cottage
Patio and garden feature at Derwen cottage in 2012
Ynyslas beach and estuary near Borth, North of Aberystwyth
Aberystwyth beach and prom - lovely long walk to 'kick the bar' - a local tradition
Glorious Cwm Rheidol where the Butterfly house is located
Summer visitors
Spring flowers in the garden
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Dutch first
German first
Any
Claire B
“Lovely, quiet and well equipped cottage”
Reviewed August 3, 2017 for a stay in July 2017
person found this review helpful

Had a relaxing few days at this lovely cottage. Marilyn was very helpful and was there to greet us on arrival and gave us a few pointers on places to visit. The cottage is very spacious and well equipped. Marilyn kindly left us some fresh bread, butter and milk, with supplies of tea, coffee and sugar. The cottage was immaculately kept and great for a family stay. Thanks for your hospitality, Marilyn.

Aug 3, 2017
Thank you Claire for your very kind comments. It was a pleasure meeting you and your lovely companions and seeing you all so happy and excited when you arrived. Delighted you enjoyed your stay and the visited local amenities. Hope to see you back sometime soon.
Steve J
London, United Kingdom
“Fantastic cottage”
Reviewed July 23, 2017 for a stay in July 2017
person found this review helpful

We had a 5 night stay there in July 2017 and it was absolutely fantastic, this is a very bright & modern building with excellent equipment / amenities and fantastic views. Marilyn the owner was very welcoming and very friendly. It is about 5 minutes drive into Aberystwyth from the cottage. It is a very comfortable cottage and we would highly recommend it.
SJ

Jul 25, 2017
Thank you very much Steve for your kind review. I'm delighted you enjoyed your stay and appreciated everything the cottage has to offer - including the wildlife, and I hope you were correct to have spotted a Pine Marten.
I.J. J
“Beautiful cottage”
Reviewed July 11, 2017 for a stay in May 2017
person found this review helpful

The owners are amazingly and very kind. Beautiful memories.
Beautiful cottage in a magnificent location
We had a wonderful holiday.

Jul 13, 2017
Thank you for your kind review and I'm delighted you enjoyed your visit to Wales and to Doleos in particular. Thank you also for being perfect visitors and taking such good care of the property. I do hope you will journey over to Aberystwyth again soon and come back to Doleos.
Cardiff
Reviewed June 19, 2017 for a stay in June 2017

Jun 20, 2017
Delighted with your comments and thank you very much for taking the time to review. Hopefully you will return for another longer visit soon. Perhaps next time you'll catch a glimpse of the hares as well as the rabbits.
Judith W
“Fabulous place to stay , perfect location and lovely hosts .”
Reviewed June 14, 2017 for a stay in May 2017

Such a fabulous place to stay ! I thoroughly recommend Doleos to anyone looking for quiet , country retreat that is also close by to the convenience of supermarkets and the delightful seaside town of Aberystwyth. Also perfect for parents who need to be near the University .
The owner Marilyn made me extremely welcome as I had driven from London to pick up my son ( and all of his stuff !!) from University and the cottage was so well equipped and to such a high standard that I didn't need to bring much with me at all.
I will most definitely return in the future .

Your age range 50-64
Jun 16, 2017
THANK YOU so much Judith for your extremely generous review. I'm absolutely delighted you liked my cottage so much and intend returning in the future. Hopefully by then we will have created even more stunning landscapes, gardens and a pond too. In the meantime good luck to Thomas on his travels and safe journey back to Australia for you both.
Mrs140914
Essex, United Kingdom
“Perfect gateway!”
Reviewed April 26, 2017 for a stay in April 2017

My husband and I stay here for 8 night mid April 2017 and we loved every moment.

Starting with the cottage the owners made our stay absolutely fantastic you don’t need to bring anything with apart from you clothes :) they provide everything and anything you need, all home essentials were included in the cottage. The view around the cottage is breath taking imagine waking up to beautiful acers and acers of land.

The cottage was a perfect location for us very peaceful and quite and only matter of 3 minutes drive to town or around 10 minutes walk (beautiful walk) Aberystwyth town has everything you need from supermarkets (Tesco, Morrison and M&s) beautiful beach, bars, restaurants ect....

I 100% recommend this cottage for a small family or just a couple like us whom just needed to get away from everything. I cannot fault the cottage/area at all!

Only thing I would say is that there is no phone service at all nor there is WIFI but this has nothing to do with the owners its a area issue.

We cannot wait to visit wales again and stay in the cottage!

Thank Marilyn for a beautiful home you have crated.

Apr 28, 2017
Thank you so very much for your lovely review and I'm delighted you enjoyed your stay and wish to visit again. BT are working on the internet throughout Aberystwyth area and I am hopeful that I will have Wifi at the cottage within '4 months'. In the meantime I do offer internet access at the farmhouse nearby if needed. Mind you, I think it is good for visitors to get away from technology now and again!!!
Daydream4...
“High Quality Comfortable Accomodation in a Peaceful Setting with Friendly Hosts :)”
Reviewed March 27, 2017 for a stay in March 2017
person found this review helpful

I originally booked for 3 nights but liked it so much I stayed for another 3 nights!

Derwen Cottage is a lovely, airy, and comfortable property finished to a high standard with all the necessary essentials plus some lovely personal touches such as bread, milk, butter, jam and biscuits on arrival plus generous amounts of tea and coffee. Even toiletries were provided in the bathroom.

As a disabled person travelling alone, Marilyn the owner was there to greet me with the kettle on and made me feel very welcome and went out of her way to ensure I had everything I needed.

I highly recommend Doleos Cottages and intend to revisit hopefully on a regular basis for some respite and to enjoy the peaceful and tranquil setting.

Mar 29, 2017
Thank you so much for your very generous review. It was a real pleasure having you to stay at the cottage and I thoroughly enjoyed your company when we had our little chats. Delighted to see you rested and enjoying your respite, and glad it did you good. Obviously a much needed rest! Good health!
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing