“Picturesque, pretty and peaceful”
other travelers have booked this property
Doleos in May evening sunshine
View from the kitchen door Two luxurious sofas to help you relax while enjoying the view
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
Doleos in May evening sunshine
View from the kitchen door
Two luxurious sofas to help you relax while enjoying the view
Have the beds linked for Super-king
OR twin bedded bedroom overlooking garden and meadow
Very well equipped kitchen including fridge, dish-washer, microwave and clothes wash/dry machine
Dine out on Doleos patio and admire the views
View from the meadow gate towards the coast and you can also see the distant Cambrian Mountains
Really comfy sofa-bed in the lounge if needed and pre-booked
Plenty of books and brochures
Private parking directly by Derwen Cottage
View the glorious surrounding countryside from the meadow
distant views of open countryside from the meadow
garden path feature at Derwen Cottage
Patio and garden feature at Derwen cottage in 2012
Ynyslas beach and estuary near Borth, North of Aberystwyth
Aberystwyth beach and prom - lovely long walk to 'kick the bar' - a local tradition
Glorious Cwm Rheidol where the Butterfly house is located
Summer visitors
Spring flowers in the garden
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

German first
Any
Viki000
St Helier Jersey
“Picturesque, pretty and peaceful”
Reviewed July 27, 2014 for a stay in July 2014
person found this review helpful

We stayed here with children and a dog. All were very comfortable. The cottage is modern an beautiful inside with a lovely outlook into fields where the children and dog played in the evening. 5 minute drive to main town and seaside. Comfortable beds and very good cooking facilities. Definitely worth a stay.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Aug 7, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time and trouble to review. I am delighted that you liked the cottage and it's outlook and that you enjoyed your visit having traveled such a long way.
Bruno R
“An ideal place for both active and peaceful holidays”
Reviewed July 22, 2014 for a stay in July 2014

We can only thank Marylin for her warm welcome and their perfect cottage! So comfortable, so clear and clean, so peaceful and with all the details which shows how attentionate Marylin is! I can only recommend her place. No doubt we'll come back! I already miss its serenity!
Don't hesitate, it's a must ! Plus the area is just beautiful. And if you like jogging or having a nice walk in the evening, you can climb up the hill and enjoy a beautiful sunset . all the ingredients for the best holidays!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The house on the whole and its place
Liked least: Nothing
Friends getaway Older travelers
Aug 4, 2014
Thank you very much for your generous review and for visiting from France. It is impossible to quantify the immense pleasure I gain from seeing visitors from abroad enjoying the glorious Welsh countryside and this location in particular. I was delighted to hear that you found the tranquility and peaceful surroundings to your liking and that my cottage exceeded your expectations. While valued visitors continue to enjoy staying here I will strive to ensure total satisfaction with the facilities I provide.
Sally A
Bourne End, United Kingdom
“Countryside Idyll”
Reviewed June 25, 2014 for a stay in June 2014

What a find - so close to Aberystwyth but in the heart of the countryside, perfect!
The cottage had everything you might need for a comfortable stay inc. washer/dryer and dishwasher - really helpful. Marilyn and her husband Ifor were so friendly and keen to help us make the most of our time there and gave us information about hiring bikes locally. Although we like to eat out it was great having the facilities to cook evening meals when wanted. The cottage was spotlessly clean and very spacious, great shower too. I would recommend this accommodation for both couples and families alike. Thanks Marilyn and Ifor, your hospitality
was much appreciated.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Good range of facilities in the cottage
Liked least: having to leave!
Friends getaway Older travelers
Jul 3, 2014
Thank you so much for your very kind review. It was a total delight meeting you both and sharing our location with you especially as you were so enthusiastic about the natural environment here and how we are developing the landscape. I so hope to see you on a return visit.
NerysL8
“Lovely”
Reviewed April 19, 2014 for a stay in April 2014

Thoroughly enjoyed our few days wished we could have stayed longer. So relaxing and peaceful at the cottage and all home comforts for us and our baby. Definitely visit again. Convenient location for Aberystwyth and stunning views.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Apr 23, 2014
THANK YOU - DIOLCH O GALON - Delighted to have such a lovely little family staying at the cottage and taking such interest in our plans and ideas for finishing another little cottage. The little baby boy was adorable and contented and I hope one day to see him running in our meadow or paddling in the stream!
arnie207
manchester
“Perfect! Beautiful accommodation in a beautiful setting!”
Reviewed April 17, 2014 for a stay in April 2014

Thank you for making our short stay so lovely. Doleos Cottage is perfect in every way - beautifully furnished throughout to a high spec in a beautiful setting. My son (aged 7) was in his element running up to the top of the meadow every morning (with our little dog) where you have a lovely view of the sea at the top.

Marilyn was more than helpful and even had a lovely welcome pack for us when we arrived, of tea, coffee break, milk, jam and more!!

I can not recommend this accommodation enough and we will definitely be coming back to stay - I didn't want to come home!!

Lovely lovely lovely!!

Traveling group: Young Children
People with disabilities Older travelers
Apr 23, 2014
Massive THANK YOU - I'm absolutely chuffed to bits that my lovely, charming visitors enjoyed staying at my cottage. It's what spurs me on and knowing they didn't want to leave - well fantastic! I did enjoy my little run up to the top of the meadow with the youngster and his extremely energetic pup! Not bad for an out of condition biddy! I look forward in particular to their return.
LadyGrey1...
London, United Kingdom
“Lovely holiday cottage in a beautiful setting”
Reviewed March 12, 2014 for a stay in March 2014
person found this review helpful

We spent 4 nights at this lovely cottage. It felt very secluded but was only 5 minutes drive from Aberystwyth. It was very clean, comfortable and well equipped. The beds were very comfortable and there was a good shower. The meadow at the back was perfect for our dog to run around freely. The location was stunning and looking out on the fields from the sitting room we really felt we were getting away from it all. The owners gave us a very warm welcome.

Mar 13, 2014
THANK YOU. It was lovely to see my charming young visitors, with their very excited dog, stroll through the meadow. The view of the sea from the top gate is a magnet for me and I escape up there for my time out. It's a lovely spot for a picnic too so I hope when my visitors 'return soon' the weather will be sunny and hot so they may enjoy a picnic by the meadow gate. So very satisfying to have visitors that share our vision for our amazing little place.
Lynn C
Coventry, United Kingdom
“just .......lovely”
Reviewed March 9, 2014 for a stay in March 2014

Stayed for 2 nights, a lovely very clean beautiful place. A home from home - a lovely couple who are passionate about making a holiday experience the best.Thank-you xx

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: friendly, very clean comfortable experience
Recommended for:
Older travelers Families with young children
Mar 10, 2014
THANK YOU. We have a vision and we can only hope we'll achieve it. We want to make this beautiful place absolutely glorious for every visitor to enjoy. Meeting lovely, lovely guests along the way gives us immense pleasure and we are motivated and inspired by their lovely reviews so we feel they deserve to thoroughly enjoy their stay here. Sometimes I can hardly believe that we were lucky enough to find such a place!
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing