First impressions were OK and the entrance has an impressive staircase. Unfortunately as with many British hotels it did not live up to expectations. We had 2 double rooms both long overdue refurbishment. An eclectic mix of furnishings which included a chair in each room that you couldn't sit in without putting cushions down to sit on - very uncomfortable. Bathrooms were even worse with carpet on the floors and one of them had very dirty stained carpet and skirting boards, the bath panel was rotten and falling off. Because of our late arrival we opted to eat in the hotel bar. The bar area had recently been refurbished and was OK, the food was good when it came but as with all the service at this hotel we had to wait for a long time. We got the feeling they were understaffed and maybe had just taken over the hotel. Having said that all the staff were polite, friendly and helpful. If the owners refurbish the bedrooms and bathrooms and sort out their service, they have a nice hotel with potential.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A beautiful country house hotel set in picturesque Mid-Wales, the Conrah is perfect for both leisure and business. Relax with a drink in the new Valley View Bar or lounge, enjoy a delicious meal in the restaurant, then retire to your room for a restful and relaxing nights sleep. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, HRS, Priceline and TripOnline SA so you can book your Conrah Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Conrah Country Aberystwyth
- Hotel Conrah Country
- Conrah Hotel Aberystwyth, Wales