This hotel boasts of a great country house hotel experience. This was not our experience - only the breakfast came close to expectations.
While a nicely modernised room features in the promotional material, we were given a very musty, unpleasant smelling room in a separate block that appears to have been part of a former motel on the site. The decor appeared to hail from the 70's - the shower over the bath had no curtain - and the room rate was £120.
On complaining, we were offered another room in the same block with similar smells - and the room rate was reduced by a mere £30.
If you must stay here, check the room that you will be getting - I don't know how many decent rooms they have and therefore what the odds are in the lottery for a decent room. If you are unlucky, as we were, you will feel badly cheated - and move on after only one night, thus spoiling a planned trip.
Note also the website we booked through showed the hotel as 4*; they are actually 3*, now corrected after I pointed it out to the manager - a generous rating for the room we were given.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A beautiful country house hotel set in picturesque Mid-Wales, the Conrah is perfect for both leisure and business. Relax with a drink in the new Valley View Bar or lounge, enjoy a delicious meal in the restaurant, then retire to your room for a restful and relaxing nights sleep. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA and Agoda so you can book your Conrah Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Conrah Country Aberystwyth
- Hotel Conrah Country
- Conrah Hotel Aberystwyth, Wales