“First class stay”

and 1 more site!
Conrah Hotel
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Aberystwyth
Reviewed April 16, 2013

My husband and I spent a night at the Conrah Hotel on a LivingSocial deal.
We had a most enjoyable stay.We were allocated a room with a stunning view which was further enhanced by the excellent weather.
The room was well decorated with some personal touches that made it even more welcoming.
We had a comfortable nights sleep and could not fault the room.
Breakfast was top notch.It included a range of delicious fruit juices,choice of cereals and fruit and a beautifully presented and appetising Welsh breakfast.
The view from the dining room again was stunning. It overlooked the garden at the side and is an ornithologists dream. During the time it took to eat our breakfast I observed no less than eleven different species of bird.
I must make a special mention of Tim, the guy on reception.He was so charming and helpful he made our brief visit to the hotel extra special.He is a real asset to the hotel and certainly knows how to give a warm,Welsh welcome. Thank you.

2  Thank moggo
NathanBiggs, General Manager at Conrah Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2013

Dear moggo,

Many thanks for the kind words. It was the first time we had put a deal on living social and have been overwhelmed by the response and how much of a pleasure it has been to deal with the customers. I has passed on your comments to Tim and it has left him grinning from ear to ear.

I hope to see you again at the Conrah.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

Visited on 14th April.Impossible to find criticism.Very welcoming,especially young man on duty who proved to be courteous and efficient.Accommodation very good,food excellent.Will definitely go again.

HI Gwynneth,

Many thanks for your kind comments, I have passed on your special thanks to the staff member and he was very happy and said it was an absolute pleasure to meet you.

I hope to see you again

Reviewed April 13, 2013

highly recommend this hotel for your stay, we booked a mid-week break and thoroughly enjoyed our stay.

We were able to take our dog and had a lovely room, very airy. Had a great night's sleep the bed was so comfortable.

The food in both the restaurant and bar was of a very high standard and large portions. Breakfast was also very good.

The hotel was very friendly and accommodating, there was an old fashioned element mixed in with the new and both worked very well. Great views.

Highly recommend this hotel for your stay. If we are ever in this area again, we will definately book this hotel again.

Room Tip: We only saw our room, which was room 8, it was far better than we would have expected, the bathroom...

Catherine F,

Reading your comments brought a smile to our faces, it was lovely to have met you and I hope you visit the area again and become a Conrah regular.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

I have stayed here several times.It is well placed for visiting Aberystwyth and surrounding area. Given that the quality of accomodation in the town is generally poor, this place doubles up with nice rooms and a good quality restaurant.

I enjoyed the evening sky from the window of the bar - the views down the valley to the mountains in the distance are stunning. Dinner was fine, decent sized portions, good selection on the menu and attentive service. Not so good for my colleagues who had been promised a sandwich as they wouldn't be back until after the chef had finished which turned out not to be possible.

Plenty of reading material available if you want a quiet evening and an early night. I didn't get a good night sleep as there was an electromechanical hum in my room which appeared to be worst at the pillow and persisted all night. I was woken early by noisey plumbing from the next room.

The breakfast menu was good made up from freshly cooked local produce, though the buffet selection was sparse.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Alister C

Many thanks Alister C,

I was pleased to hear that on the whole your stay was as good as you have come to expect. I read with some dismay at the lack of food available for your colleagues, please rest assured that this has been rectified in house and food is always available to our residents. I realise this doesn't help your stay and for this I would like to apologise.

I have contracted an engineer to upgrade all of the fridges and reduce noise emitted, as this was the only thing I could think would make such a persistent noise.

I look forward to seeing you at the Conrah again very soon.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

I was put up here when I spoke in Aberystwyth and loved staying here. Our room looked out over green fields filled with sheep owned by the hotel. One morning I went out with the owner to feed the sheep and got to meet the very friendly black sheep, who came when he was called. Our room was quiet and cozy, and the breakfast was delightful and delicious. The WiFi did not reach our room, but was accessible from the main house, which had many quiet sitting areas in addition to the breakfast room. The hotel is a 10-15 minute drive from town through very pretty countryside. This is a delightful place to stay and I highly recommend it to anyone wanting a country retreat!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank mvictoriap

Dear mvictoriap,

Many thanks for the review, I was very pleased to read of the pleasant stay you had with us. Feeding our pet lamb (more of a sheep really now) is something that many of our guests love to do and hopefully adds to the personal detail we aim to provide.

Reviewed March 25, 2013 via mobile

This is a fantastic hotel just outside the town - the views are stunning!

Food and service are superb - I was a lone guest and felt cared for throughout my stay. Staff were attentive without being over the top.

The room was on the top floor and the climb was rewarded with an amazing view.

In other parts of the country £85 would get you a single room with a view of a back alley! This is one of the best hotels I have stayed in - well done everyone at the Conrah and I look forward to my next visit.

• Stayed: March 2013

Many thanks MadMeerkat,

It was lovely to read your kind words, I am so happy that you feel we are excellent value and look forward to welcoming you back to the Conrah many times again.

Reviewed March 23, 2013

This was our 2nd visit to the Conrah and will be going again for the night in May. Can't fault the place which has lovely views & spacious, clean & cosy rooms. All staff were very friendly and helpful. Lovely lounge area with reasonable drink and food prices. A lovey nights stay was topped off with a very enjoyable breakfast.

Thank you Nathan and team.

Room Tip: The first visit we stayed in room 9 which is on the top floow & entails a few stairs to climb...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank warmit123

Hi warmit123,

It was more than a pleasure to host your stay. I am glad we could play a part in you having such a lovely time away. I look forward to seeing you again later this month.