“Very comfortable stay”

and 1 more site!
Conrah Hotel
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Aberystwyth
Reviewed January 14, 2013

We recently stayed here for just one night when my son was returning to uni. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful. Although it was a quiet evening the food was very good and presented in a professional manner. We had a fantastic nights sleep and it was only interrupted by a rattle on the sash window in the morning.
Breakfast in the morning was excellent and the view from the dining room were fabulous.
The hotel does look in need of a bit of tlc in areas, but it did not distract from our stay and we would gladly stay here again.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
NathanBiggs, Manager at Conrah Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2013

Many thanks for your kind words. As we may have told you during your stay, we are currently in the ongoing process of re decoration and giving the building the TLC is deserves. We hope to see you again in the near future and you can see the progress.

Reviewed January 8, 2013

I stayed here 7/1/13 travelling on business. The service was excellent and the room was of a high quality. The food was outstanding! Also has free wi-fi which was essental for me being as I travel for business. The hotel is a few miles from Aberystwyth but for me that was an advantage as its situated off the main A road that I needed to travel on. It is set back from the road so I didn't have to put up with any noise either. I don't normally leave positive reviews as I'm a hard man to please but this hotel really was great!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank cardiff_boy86
NathanBiggs, Manager at Conrah Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2013

cardiff_boy86, Many thanks for your review. I am so glad we offered everything you wanted as a business client. I hope to see you again the next time you have business in the area.

Reviewed December 30, 2012

As a family of 4 we stayed in 2 rooms for 2 nights over Christmas 2012. We were made to feel extremely welcome from the moment we arrived, nothing was too much trouble for the management and staff. Food was excellent particularly the full welsh breakfast.The rooms are traditional and are due to be renovated but no complaints at all. Beds very comfortable. we would highly recommend the hotel and would happily stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Many thanks s_ton003, as mentioned in previous reviews, it is a pleasure to serve our customers and read of their wonderful experiences with us. We are in a period of renovation and we would love to see you all again soon to show you the improvements.

Reviewed December 30, 2012

We took advantage of the November blues offer and spent two nights on dinner, bed and breakfast basis at this hotel. Our room was in the main building and had superb views, The room was spacious, clean and comfortable, with a nice big double bed. The staff were all very friendly and helpful and we had a very pleasant drink in the bar before dinner. Breakfast and dinner were both exceptionally good. The views from the dining room in the morning were worth making the journey for - the stay represented excellent value for money and was just what we needed.

Room Tip: Ring the hotel directly to get really good offers on room rates.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear BainbridgeLichfield, Reading your review brought a smile to my face. It is an honour to serve a couple such as yourselves, reminds us all why we love our jobs. I hope you do not leave it too long before visiting again.

Reviewed December 15, 2012

Myself and my wife spent one night here and was very impressed and would almost certainly go back. Staff were very friendly and helpful, bar and restaurant area are very nice too. We had room 9 which was on the upper level. Our room was very clean and spacious and the view from the room window was lovely overlooking fields and distant mountains. Even saw a bit of wildlife in the form of Squirells and Red Kites. We had a few drinks and a bar snack in the evening which were reasonably priced and very enjoyable. There was plenty to choose from for breakfast (of which we had a full welsh breakfast). and it was lovely.

The only down side about our visit, was someone bumped our car in the car park and did a runner. Car not severly damaged but will probably cost between 100 and 200 pounds to patch up. Probably down to the high turnover of cars visiting the hotel for a couple of Christmas parties. Car park was poorly lit so assume someone from the leaving parties did it.

Room Tip: Only got to see room 9 which was spacious, quiet and had a lovely view.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Warmit123, I was dismayed to hear of your damaged car in our car park. I would ask that if you give us a ring I would like to discuss this further.

I am so happy you enjoyed your stay so much, interestingly the kites used to have a nest at the Conrah about 5 years ago but have since moved on. Over the last couple of years they seem to be circling with more frequency so I am keeping my fingers crossed they come back again.

Reviewed November 21, 2012

Stayed at the Conrah on business for one night.

Room rate of £75.00 B&B which was fantastic value. Staff were very friendly, food good ( breakfast better than evening meal) and bedrooms large, clean and warm. One of the best nights sleep that I have had in a hotel.

Relaxed atmosphere in the lounge and bar. One or two issues in the bathroom with mould on seals but overall excellent value for money.

Would highly recommend.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Dear RAMCYMRU, I was really pleased to read your review. With regards to the bathroom issues we are working tirelessly to improve all of our rooms through renovation. The next time you visit I will be interested to hear your views on the improvements.

Reviewed November 17, 2012

we decided to re- visit the conrah after getting married there 9 years ago, Our daughter is in Aber uni so we thought the location would be ideal so we booked for one night. We booked a room in the courtyard (18) we arrived quite late in the evening and had a hassle free check in by a very nice male member of staff. The room was very nice (although it was little cold it soon warmed up once we turned the rads up. The room and bathroom were very clean we had an excellent night sleep in a comfortable bed with no disturbances or disruptions. Whilst the room was fine I did notice that there was a few knocks and scrapes to paint work and walls but nothing major, the bathroom radiator was a bit rusty it worked perfectly though. The TV worked fine, the sofa and chairs were very comfortable. Our breakfast the next morning was lovely all locally sourced produce and well cooked. After breakfast I had a look around the hotel as I wanted to see how much it had changed since our wedding. The manager made time in his busy day to show us the changes that had occured and told us how in the last 9 years the hotel had gone through a difficult period it had changed hands twice. The current owners are working hard to re- build the hotels reputation back to what it used to be. They have made some major changes and have extensive refurbishment plans in the pippeline all of which will help re-establish it as one of the leading hotels in the area. They have made great start and things can only get better. We will stay there again and I for one will look forward to seeing the Conrah transformed back to its former glory Good Luck Guys

Room Tip: The court yard rooms as they have views over the gardens. the courtyards are more private
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank alysonvaughan

Dear Alysonvaughan, many thanks for your kind words. From my point of view it was lovely showing you around and hearing of your past experiences in the hotel. My apologies for the knocks and scrapes in the room, after a busy wedding season we are trying hard to fix all of these annoyances. As you mention we have got some big renovation plans and I really hope to see you again so you can see the Conrah move into its next stages.