“Useless!!”
Review of Four Seasons Hotel

Four Seasons Hotel
Ranked #11 of 13 Hotels in Aberystwyth
Reviewed October 26, 2013

Booked this hotel through Laterooms only to find that the room was not available when we arrived!!! They said they must have 'missed' the booking on their system. Ended up with a pokey room (double bed against the wall, no wardrobe, coffee & tea set up without a socket nearby ) in the Marine hotel for £150 for the weekend. Could have really spoiled our weekend visiting our son, will not be using this hotel again.

Room Tip: Dont use The Four Seasons or The Marine
Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Greattezza

Reviewed September 18, 2013

I stayed here in August for two nights with my disabled mother. I had visited the week before to check that the hotel would be suitable for er and I had told the manageress my requirements, she showed me the family room on the ground floor that we would be allocated. Although there were only two of us we were given a room which had a double bed in the main room, two single beds in a second room still within the room itself. We had tons of space and the shower was a walk in one but there were wo steps to get up into the bathroom. It was like a small flat without a kitchen. I would say that the room could do with modernising but it was clean with plenty of tea, coffee, chocolate and biscuits. On our first night my mother and I wanted to eat in the hotel itself (we were bed and breakfast). There were no other guests having meals but someone was called in to provide a meal for us so that my mother would not have to get a taxi to a restaurant, which we said we would do. The lasagne was lovely and very welcome after a long day in work and two hours travelling to get there. The effort to get us a meal was appreciated. Parking can be a problem as the carpark is very small and often crowded. Behing the hotel is a carpark which is two hours during the day (three for disabled permit holders). Between six at night and eight the follwing morning there is no such time limit. The carpark also as a mobility shop where you can hire a scooter, which my mother loved. Aberystwyth is disabled friendly and my mother was welcomed into many shops even with her scooter. We were out for five hours on the second day after enjoying a lovely breakfast at the hotel. Even though we went in quite late because we had slept so well we were welcomed and there was penty of food to choose from. The same thing appened the following day too! The room cost £95 a night for the two of us but we had a very enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Annwyn49
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Stayed here overnight with my brother in July.
The outside and reception area look very smart. It is situated in a good position in a quiet street just behind the sea-front, literally a minutes walk from the sea. It was quiet at night both inside and outside the hotel. There is car parking space for guests at the back of the hotel.
We both had similar single ensuite rooms. The corridors leading up to the rooms were in need of new carpets and decoration, it all looked a bit grotty. Our rooms were pretty basic. Mine had a loose floorboard and hole underneath the carpet as you entered the bathroom. It needed a coat of paint too.
The service was average. It had been a hot day and my brother was in need of a pint so at 9:00pm he went down to the hotel bar. It was closed!
I did not have breakfast but my brother said it was okay.
Paid fifty pounds for the night, not great vfm, but I guess you are paying for it's position close to the sea.
I'm sure there are better places to stay for the money in Aberystwyth.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Paul M
Reviewed September 13, 2013

I couldn't possibly write down all the negative points about this "hotel".....I haven't got the time or the patience!! Quite simply, do not stay at this hotel. Falsely advertises its stars....awful room, poorly fitted windows, a car park with staff cars in it leaving no space for customers.....filthy bathroom with previous occupants hair still lingering! The best though is the owner emyr.......what a nightmare he is! Was so rude to my partner that if she hadn't taken me away I'd probably be in prison now..!! I simply do not understand how this hotel is allowed to stay open!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2013
5  Thank Hulk222
Reviewed September 1, 2013

I had booked this hotel at the beginning of the year to see my daughter's graduation, we had stayed there previous and we had a lovely room and great experience this time the room was horrendous, the prices doubled as it was graduation week, fire exit blocked, though there was a sofa you couldn't sit on it as there was a bed in front, sash window with no restrictors on with another single bed by it, was worried my youngest daughter would fall out of it, the room was stifling hot, low beam with no warnings on, carpet that wasn't fitted and was up the wall on one wall where it hadn't been cut to fit, no bulbs in bedside lights, when we complained they eventually brought some up but these had been taken from elsewhere as they were still warm. Overall a very bad experience and I wont be staying there again especially as we have now discovered another hotel that is a much better experience, roll on Premier Inn opening might make some of the other hotels pull up there socks.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank kaz7203
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Stayed here for a couple of days,I must say it was smallest double room I ever stayed in!!only had just enough room to walk around bed!!!most noisiest uncomfortable bed ever,I asked to be changed room but I was told they had none!!but would change bed(they flipped mattress)I couldn't have a shower because the mixer wouldn't mix water so it was boiling or freezing!The breakfast was good&breakfast staff very nice&helpful!I heard another group giving out morning they were leaving that a member of staff entered there room without notice to tell them it was checkout time!1 girl was very embarrassed as she was on the toilet definitely not ok for staff to do this!!! I definitely will not b staying here again for the price they charge!

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank denash17
Reviewed August 26, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for one week in August. We found the place to be very good. The staff were welcoming and nothing seemed to much bother for them They served breakfast with a smile and efficiently. Our room was excellent and checked each day. Lovely clean fluffy white towels everyday. I recommend it.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends