“Disappointing”
Review of Richmond Hotel

Richmond Hotel
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Aberystwyth
Reviewed April 4, 2014 via mobile

Stayed there third night of my aberysthwith visit and I must say I was very disappionted. Unfortunately I had to leave the hotel I stayed in before because it was full. So I changed to this place. I travel on my own so I ask for a single room. What I got was an extremely tiny room with a single bed, rear window, altough the hotel was on the seafront, washing sink in the room (!) toilet and shower very small, and bed linnen torn. Needles to say it was more expensive than the hotel I stayed in before. The only good thing I can say is that the hotel has a good car park, which is helpful in this town. All in all, way too expensive for what I got.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo

Reviewed March 31, 2014

Clean, comfortable, welcoming hotel right on the sea front. I know the hotel from a child and was delighted to see that it retained the friendliness whilst being stylish with modern comforts. The breakfast room was updated when we were there and very nice it its too. The best breakfast I've ever had. Nowhere makes poached eggs like the Richmond Hotel!

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view room. Really worth it even in March
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 30, 2014

Over the last five years I've stayed in a lot of B&Bs in Aber and this is by far my favourite. I had a single room on the top floor which was clean, well decorated and the breakfast was superb. I didn't have a sea view but I didn't mind as I wasn't in much.

Big plus points:
- Nice room with digital TV.
- I'm fussy about breakfast but there was a selection of fresh fruit, cereals and a nice fry up. They were also attentive and well organised.
- You could come and go from the hotel without seeing a soul even though they were fully booked which is great because I hate places where you're constantly saying Hi and Bye to people you don't really know / want to know.
- Good sized car park was always able to find a space.

Downsides
There isn't a lift which would be a nightmare if you're elderly or disabled but I guess if you're in that situation you check access before you book.

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed March 29, 2014

We stayed here 2 nights so my daughter could look at the University. I booked it on the strength of the reviews and wasn't disappointed. The staff are very friendly and helpful, especially Menna on reception. They are happy to accommodate special dietary requests. Breakfasts are great, and we had dinner here one night, which was also nice. It's very clean and the beds are comfortable. We were in room 7, with a sea view. It's a good size and has a little table in the window. It's opposite the door to the stairs, but this wasn't a problem as, unlike many fire doors, it did not slam. The car park is round the back, and is a little tight when full. All in all highly recommended.

Room Tip: Get a sea view room
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed March 23, 2014

We stayed at the Richmond Hotel for 3 nights (my boyfriend was there for work and I came along just for the holiday) and both we and work colleagues agreed that it was a lovely experience. The hotel was wonderfully clean and well maintained, and the oceanfront view from our room was stunning. All of the staff were friendly and I was especially impressed by their willingness to accommodate my very strict candida diet - before we arrived I gave them a long list of foods I am not able to eat, along with a few meal ideas, and they totally made it happen! I had been worried about going hungry, but they made sure that I was well taken care of and I am so grateful. We would absolutely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed March 17, 2014

We only stayed at this hotel for one night as a stopover on our way to Pembrokeshire and after reading the fantastic reviews on Trip-advisor we had no hesitation in booking. We were not disappointed. We received a warm welcome on arrival, our room was spotlessly clean with a great sea view. The breakfast was one of the best we have tasted. We did find a parking space at the rear of the hotel although parking spaces were quite tight. The only slight niggle was that there was no shower curtain over the bath which made showering a little tricky in order not to soak the bathroom floor and surrounding area, however overall this did not spoil our stay and we would defiantly come back to the Richmond Hotel.

Room Tip: We were in room 27 which is a family room with a great sea view. Very large spacious room.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 6, 2014

We have very recently stayed at the Richmond Hotel. It is located directly opposite the beach with excellent views. It was extremely clean and very comfortably appointed. the staff were all extremely helpful and went above and beyond our expectations ( particularly Menna who is a little treasure!). The food was excellent particularly as I have Coeliac Disease and I am also allergic to fish. Every member of staff was aware without prompting and all meals were excellent. Gluten free sausage and bread were provided at breakfast We will definitely return.

Gill E.

Room Tip: Sea view rooms are excellent
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends