“Richmond Hotel Aberystwyth”

Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Aberystwyth
Clevedon, United Kingdom
“Richmond Hotel Aberystwyth”
Reviewed January 20, 2014

This is the second time we have stayed at the hotel and on each occasion our experience has been excellent. Being the middle of January it was comforting to have warmth throughout the hotel and the sea views of Cardigan Bay from the front rooms are superb. The room we were in (Room 8) was fairly modest in size but very comfortable with a nice big bathroom. Breakfast was first class and the staff very courteous, helpful and friendly.

Room Tip: Sea view rooms have superb views out to Cardigan Bay
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (157)
Halesowen, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 15, 2014

Just returned from a 2 night stay at this hotel and have to say it is a little gem.The rooms are comfortable and well equipped the food is excellent and the staff are first class.This was a business trip but I shall return with my good lady for a relaxing trip soon.I also have to say what a fantastic job the Council and the locals have done in clearing up the Promenade after the recent storms which caused lots of damage.

JB.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Bury, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 10, 2014

I was impressed with the service from the staff when I checked in - the young lady I dealt with could not have done more to help (not sure of her name but she said that she had studied at the University). I had a room at the front of the hotel with a huge bay window and fantastic view of the sea. I will admit that I was reluctant to eat in the hotel but I am glad that I did. The food was of a very good quality and reasonably priced.
I will definitely stay again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Swansea, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 14, 2013

So glad I stayed here again on my return trip to Aberystwyth. The friendly staff, good food and central location are worth it's weight in good. My bedroom had been decorated and upgraded since my last visit. To sit in my bedroom window looking out over the bay can not be beaten anywhere. Looking forward to my next trip to Aber

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
London
Reviewed December 12, 2013

We stayed in Aberystwyth to collect our son from uni and the Richmond Hotel was marvelous. A great night's sleep overlooking the sea followed by a full Welsh breakfast set us up to tackle entering our student's room and loading the car in the morning. We plan to have dinner in the restaurant when we return in January after overhearing other guests compliments at breakfast.

Room Tip: Sea view is lovely and peaceful
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Corby, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 21, 2013

This hotel is conveniently located for all your needs - close to the station, shops, bars and restaurants; there is also a private car park. Staff are friendly and attentive and seem to enjoy what they are doing. Our room was well furnished and decorated and being at the front had wonderful views across the Irish Sea. There is a good deal to choose from at the included breakfast, with cooked food being served at table. The promenade at Aberystwyth is quiet at night, so it was possible to enjoy a good night's sleep. Don't be put off this hotel. It is not a tacky sea-front guest house but a very well-run quality hotel.

Room Tip: Sea front rooms are best and offer good views across the Irish Sea.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Haynest
Bangor, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 8, 2013 via mobile

Our stay in the Richmond could not have been better. From the moment we arrived to the moment we left, the staff were excellent, very friendly and very attentive. The view from our room window was beautiful, the sea breaking on the shore, with an unbroken panoramic view of the bay.
We decided to eat in at the hotel restaurant, and we were not disappointed. I tend to eat my steak blue (bleu), and so many chefs get this wrong, but the chef at the Richmond got it spot on.
The all round service and room were excellent and we will definitely be booking in again.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple