“Very nice guest house”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Aberystwyth
Shoreline Guest House
Ranked #3 of 36 Aberystwyth B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 27, 2013

We visited Aberwystwth to see a band in the art centre and when looking for some where to stay I liked the look of shoreline gh and it did not disappoint . The room was a good size, clean and had everything we needed. The land lady made us feel welcome and was happy to chat. The best part was the lovely breakfast. The only down side was that the shower was weak. This might have been due to the fact that we were on the top floor

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Shoreline Guest House

Reviewed November 17, 2013

With only one night to stay in Aberystwyth I was in search of a guest house to accommodate my weary bones. I took to various websites to scope out the best options and ended up chancing my hand at the Shoreline Guest House, and it was the best gamble since David Beckham's free kick against Greece all them years ago!!!

Checked in early and nothing was a problem, all the staff were beyond helpful and delightful to boot. I got to my room which was ideal, had a custard cream (included) and watched the end of You've been framed before venturing off for an explore.

The guest house is central enough that you are close to everything you need to be close to and yet far enough away from the hustle an bustle that only the odd seagull or person walking the promenade will disturb the tranquility.

After my exploration around the town I returned to my room. With the window slightly opened, I let Mother Nature sing me to sleep with her therapeutic waves lapping against the beach (I will now be purchasing series 1-9 of beach sounds soundtrack as it was the best sleep I have had in many a moon).

Breakfast was superb, I grabbed the window table and watched the morning joggers and dog walkers going about their morning routines.

The staff of the Shoreline Guesthouse were lovely and I sat there chatting away with them about Aberystwyth, Football, trains, best places to eat... If I didn't have to come back to London it would still be there now I think.

Can't recommend this place enough, affordable and adorable, with lovely owners.

A+

Pass go and collect $200

Book now!!!!!

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed November 8, 2013

Our ground floor room had lots of noise from the other guests coming and going. The bathroom was in need of updating - the tile & shower looked like they were from 20 years ago and the floor was a cheap laminate. The electric shower was not very powerful and cycled hot and cold when on the middle setting. The shower stall was small and square, which was awkward, and the basin was also tiny. The towels and toilet seat were black and there was someone else's hair in the towel. They have a dog but I think it was kept locked away from the guests. Free street parking is available and the guesthouse is located right across the street from the beach.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
homelystay, Owner at Shoreline Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2013

Hi CoastalBreaks, Shoreline Guesthouse here responding to your review. Firstly we do charge less for the ground floor ensuite room chiefly due to any people traffick. Sorry if you were disturbed. We found your review a little too critical mainly because it sounded as if you expected a more up to date boutique B&B. I suggest that if that is what you are looking for, then maybe you should expect to pay more. We are a family run B&B, which we hope is clean, friendly, warm & that we provide a good breakfast for the reasonable price of £50.00 pn. I'm terribly sorry you had the misfortune to find a HAIR!!! If you had told us, we could have completely stripped & fumigated the entire room. Oh, & yes we do have a dog & you were right, we do keep him away from guests, but I failed the find the significance of this revelation. If guests are not happy with our establishment I just wish they would come to us straight away, so maybe we could deal with these issues. We would have been quite ok with refunding your money & you could have booked into Nanteos Mansion or such. Happy travels from all at Shoreline

Reviewed November 1, 2013

Difficult to get to this town on narrow roads with challenging driving. Guesthouse has some oceanfront rooms with great views. Located a few hundred feet from the ocean. Lots of attractions and the City center are a short walk away. Free parking out front. Smaller rooms and small shower. Good breakfast room with simple breakfasts. Nothing unique for breakfast here. Beds kind of small. No real commons area to sit in. Helpful and friendly host, but not much literature available on things to do. This place seems to have mostly locals visiting who already know the area, not many tourists. Price reasonable at 60 pounds (cash only). A long boardwalk out front is ideal for walking. You can walk for many miles and it connects up with a trail along the coast. Expect some challenging weather along the coast.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 19, 2013

We stayed for the weekend when attending a wedding near by and had a lovely stay. Family run with very friendly helpful hosts, they made us very welcome and helped us organise taxis to the wedding. Rooms comfortable and clean and the breakfast was excellent - great value too.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Stayed at the Shoreline with three friends on a motorcycle trip around Wales. Easy parking, and a great location. Relaxed and friendly welcome, and a very comfortable stay in two twin rooms. Excellent breakfast to fuel us up for the next days riding. Just what we needed.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 3, 2013

We stayed at the Shoreline for 3 nights after reading the 'excellent' reviews.
Candi & her team were welcoming and pleasant.
The view from room 7 was a stunning sea view and the breakfast good.
Having said that, the beds were uncomfortable & creaked badly when we moved an inch.
The room was small, dated and in need of maintenance.
The door lock was loose, the bathroom cramped and the 'air vent', which was open when we arrived, was thick with dust & dirt.
Although this is advertised as a non-smoking guest house it was obvious that the staff or someone smokes and there was odour of stale cigarette smoke in the hall.
We would not stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple