“Very nice hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Maes-Y-Mor

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Maes-Y-Mor
Ranked #6 of 36 Aberystwyth B&B and Inns
“Very nice hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

Took a 4 night holiday with my girlfriend. The hotel is round the corner from the beach. Staff were very helpful and friendly. Would happily stay again.
Only downside was a bit of mould in the bathroom.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Mikekhaos

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Munich, Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2013

I came to Aberystwyth for a gig at the Arts Centre and was looking for a cheap accomodation in the town centre, seeing as I arrived a day early. And it turns out Maes Y Mor was the perfect choice.
My room was small, but very clean and I even had a small bit of sea view (I stayed in room 4). The shared kitchen and bathroom are well equipped and clean as well. I found the house to be quiet, even though the doors close quickly and loudly if you're not careful.
On the ground floor is a big laundry accessible for everyone, but I didn't hear any noise coming from it.
The guest house is in a quiet road, but within 2 minutes you're at the promenade or in the small town centre. It's a 20 minute walk to the Arts Centre - going up a steep hill, so I'd recommend a cab or the bus.
Don't be surprised to find no reception when you get there or want to check out. Just call the number stated on the door and Mary (I think that's her name) will come within 10 minutes to give you the keys or check you out. Should I ever come to Aberystwyth again, I'd probably stay here again, too.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank daniqueues
Aberystwyth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2013

I stayed at Maes-y-Mor for four days to finish a dissertation and to hand it in. I knew lots of people to stay with in Aber, but as it was freshers week decided I'd rather have my own space than be on a sofa! I was looking for somewhere on a budget and Maes y Mor was perfect at only £28 a night. The room was so clean, lovely and smart with a very, very cosy comfy bed, and I would have happily paid more! Although there's no breakfast included there is a VERY well equipped kitchen which is also very clean. Sharing a bathroom was no problem as there is one on each floor and again was very clean and tidy. For my needs I had a good night's sleep each night and being so central it was very easy to get about town and to campus- I was worried there might be a bit of noise at night due to students being back, but I didn't hear a thing. Very good stay, very impressed,will definitely stay again and will be recommending to anyone looking for somewhere to stay in Aber :) Diolch yn Fawr!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Rhoces1
Belfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2013

We have now stayed at Maes-Y-Mor twice and been pleasantly surprised both times by the quality of the experience. I would advise guest perturbed by the 'hostel' title to ignore any concerns and give Maes-Y-Mor a chance because it really is brilliant.

We have stayed both times in the separate apartment which is like a wonderful little hobbit-hole! Beautiful decor, fantastically furnished and everything provided for. Big fluffy towels in the modern bathroom, crisp clean bedding in the big bedroom and a lovely fireplace in the comfortable living area. The kitchen area is well equipped and the bedroom has plenty of storage - what more could you ask for? Mererid is so helpful, attentive and accommodating, too.

Thank you Maes-Y-Mor for two excellent stays and for surpassing our expectations at every turn, looking forward to our next visit already!

Room Tip: Ask about the beautiful apartment!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jenny B
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013

I've been running a mountain bike holiday (www.chase2coast.co.uk) for the last 3 years and have just returned back from our 4th stay (ran the holiday twice this year).

The holiday finishes on the sea front after 4 days of hard riding. When I originally found Maes-Y-Mor, my requirements were;

: Near to the seafront to avoid the riders having to ride away from the beach once finished
: Secure storage for the bikes
: Kitchen to allow my guests to be able to use the food included on the holiday
: Space for a coach pickup the next day (bikes to be loaded too)

Maes-Y-Mor meets all of these requirements.

The rooms have a very high standard with tea/coffee, TV, Wifi and very comfy beds.

Although right near the front and near to all the bars, it's in a very quiet location should you be looking for a quiet night.

The owner is very welcoming and flexible to all our requirements.

We will be back again and again and again!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Swansea
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

I booked Maes Y Mor for one night on the 3rd August 2013. It was a friends stag do so we had arranged an activity day at Llain Activity Centre and needed somewhere to stay for the night. We had planned to go for a few drinks as well and this hotel was in the perfect location in the centre of town.

Before our stay the owners communication was excellent. Calling a week before to confirm our stay. We checked in quite late about 5pm. The house was perfect for what we needed. There was 8 of us and we were given 4 twin rooms at a very reasonable rate. Our rooms were on the same floor with a shared bathroom. There was also a kitchen/dining area down the hall. All 4 rooms were spotlessly clean and decorated well with great amenities which included clean towels, soap, tea/coffee facilities and tv.

The owner Mererid was lovely and happy to have a chat when we checked in. She was very accommodating of an all male group as some hotels are often reluctant to let stag parties stay the night.

After a fantastic nights sleep in a VERY comfortable bed check out was at a welcoming time of 11am.

Highly recommended and I will hopefully stay again if I need to stay in Aberystwyth.

• Stayed August 2013
159peggy, Owner at Maes-Y-Mor, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Thank you for your review , so glad you enjoyed your stay. Hope to see you again.
Brighton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

Recently arranged a long weekend in Aber with a group of friends and Maes-y-Mor was perfect for our requirements. 3 of us stayed in the en-suite family room with the rest of the group in other rooms - we were all really impressed with the quality, comfort and cleanliness of our rooms, particularly as it was so cheap! On top of that, the location was great - 60 seconds walk from the seafront but also handy for shops, pubs, restaurants in town. Finally, Mererid the owner was fantastic - really helpful and very friendly too. I would recommend Maes-y-Mor to anybody, regardless of budget!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends