“Butterflies”

Magic of Life Butterfly House
Ranked #10 of 35 things to do in Aberystwyth
More attraction details
Owner description: Walk among free-flying butterflies in a luxuriant tropical display. Hundreds of butterflies as well as giant caterpillars, beetles and leaf insects. Outside there is a well-established native butterfly garden. Free guided tours are available. Run by biologists.
Reviewed June 28, 2013

Very colourful and interesting, a nice family day out with a lovely cafe nearby with fantastic cakes!

Reviewed June 9, 2013

We went here as our little girl found a leaflet and really wanted to go....

Now its small yes...expensive to get in yes....but if we was the only ones that day it wouldn't cover the wagers....

Would I go again....no...once you have been you have been...

But lovely for a hour or so...

Reviewed May 27, 2013

Firstly I was concerned there were stinging nettles present (my toddler nearly grabbed one) and a loose small glass cabinet. Secondly this butterfly farm is a very small polytunnel - maximum 15m long. Family of 2 adults and one paying child cost more than £17. i was prepared to forgive the high cost as I assumed it would cost a lot to keep the place heated etc. Then I noticed a sign saying Statkraft donate the electricity and water! Other (bigger) farms charge the same without this subsidy, and are much better organised. The kids did enjoy it, but it still didn't even nearly justify the huge price - if our youngest was a year older it would have cleared £20!

1  Thank trumptonfireman
Reviewed May 22, 2013

i have visited a few butterfly houses in my time,but this was a rip off.£6.50 each to get in to a little poly tunnel,and not many different species,We will not be visiting again,we had more enjoyment in the Statkraft Visitor Centre next door for free

Reviewed May 19, 2013

It's only a little place & it's well out of the way, its a little shabby but there are some wonderful butterflies inside.
It is expensive @ £6.50 but when you consider the heating costs even when the weather is good you can understand it.
As I am a photographer I had a whale of a time & thoroughly enjoyed the experience.