“Faultless”

Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed November 5, 2013

The wife and I visited the Shilam at the weekend as we stayed in Aberystwyth we found it to be very busy (a good sign) this was at 9pm on the Saturday night. we were not disappointed the food was excellent service was very good and all at a very reasonable price.
My Rogan Josh was one of the best that I have had in a long time.
When we next visit Aberystwyth we will be heading for the Shilam

Reviewed October 21, 2013

Visited this restaurant at the weekend, it was quiet when we arrived as it was early evening, we were shown to our table and offered drinks. The meal arrived and was OK, my food seemed to lack ingeadients and my daughter said hers was OK. Unfortunately the service was not great and no came a cross to see that everything was OK and we left feeling that we were not wanted in the restaurant. I can not recommend this establishment.

Reviewed October 16, 2013

Having used the Shilam for years we were concerned when they obtaining a 1 (out of 5) star rating in the APPA Food Hygiene Ratings. My wife and I (and some of our friends) stopped using them in case. However they were recently reassessed and this time received a 5* rating - the other day we went back with friends and had an excellent meal! We use them again in the future!

2  Thank rataber
Reviewed October 12, 2013

Visited the Shilam restaurant a few days ago and was very disappointed with both the service and quality. The food was dry and the waiters were exceptionally rude and provided poor customer service. It was also very expensive compared to its competitors. AVOID!

3  Thank kris c
Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

Good efficient service. The food was lovely, there was a mix up in the order but we enjoyed our food so much we didn't mention it. Plenty of choice for vegetarians and the food was well presented. We were not asked if we wanted puddings which was a pity and we might have been tempted

1  Thank flicknspud