“poor value for money”

Ranked #41 of 158 Restaurants in Aberystwyth
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 26, 2012

Room ok but at back of hotel and very noisy. Breakfast mediocre, have had better in a tranicaf. Staff helpful. Not worth money.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

Went for Sunday meal, it was a good price and we had a lovely view. I had pate to start, the bread was burnt, the salmon for main was tasteless , had no seasoning at all and the 3 potatoes I had were microwaved. However the chocolate tart I had for desert was good. The service is not even average!

Reviewed July 29, 2012

When I've been to the Belle Vue for meals before (admittedly, a few years previous), the dining area was in the larger room on the right as you walk in.The day mother & I went for Sunday lunch recently, we were taken to the smaller space, accessed through the bar. It has some quite imposing pillars there, there were some odd bits of furniture placed higgledy-piggledy around the place (a two-seater leather settee against the wall almost within touching distance of our table, put there for no apparent reason), the tables were laid but not made to appear it was for anything special, & the room was small & lacked atmosphere. The service was good, though in an efficient way, as opposed to a friendly & welcoming way. The food was disappointing, compared with what we used to be presented with when we frequented the place fairly frequently some years ago. My fish was nicely cooked & full of flavour, my mother's meat was also cooked fine, but the vegetables, the little we were given, were not just al dente but barely cooked. The boiled potatoes could have had a few more minutes cooking time also. My mother did not want to complain as it would mean we would have to wait for another batch to arrive & the rest of the food may have gone cold. I like my veg with a bit of crunch, but these were undercooked. Also, at other restaurants we go to for Sunday lunch, we have generous portions of vegetables, but here, the amount we had was what I would normally eat on my own!! We paid, we left, & we won't return! The best part of the afternoon was the hour we then spent sitting on the prom. after the meal. The food here, at one time, was excellent & we enjoyed quite a number of good meals at the Belle Vue, but that day's efforts were very poor. Sad.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

Traditional quality hotel food in the main. Location cannot be bettered.

Reviewed June 16, 2012

excellent value for money and near all the amenities we wanted. We were walking the coastal path so it meant we didn`t have to deviate from our path.