“such a good weekend .”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Aberystwyth
Brynowen Holiday Park
Hereford, United Kingdom
“such a good weekend .”
Reviewed November 2, 2012

me and my family went this october for the weekend and had such good fun . the staff was so nice and helpfull and would go again .we stayed in 3 bedroom carvan , was 3 adults and one child .i would tell anybody to stay there .

2 Thank julie b

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (238)
  • Polish first
Wirral
Reviewed October 31, 2012

We took the children away for half term in October & booked using a newspaper promotion. We couldn't book anywhere for the full 7 nights so did 3 nights at Haven Quay West and 4 nights at Brynowen. We had a great time at Quay West but Brynowen wasn't good at all.

The caravan was bronze but that doesn't mean it should be smelly (it reaked of damp), have cobwebs everywhere, discoloured/dirty carpets/seating and a bed that was so lumpy it was painful to sleep in (the springs dug into my ribs to the point I had to sleep on top of a pillow). The pillows/duvets provided also had marks and black mould stains on.

The caravan nextdoor also had a visible leak from their sewage pipe so the green area outside our caravan was constantly muddy/disgusting (bearing in mind there was no rain the 4 days we were there) and I had to tell the children to keep off the grass. This wasn't helped by the fact that the key we were provided with only opened the far door of the caravan.

The club are had wallpaper peeling off the walls and the hand rails/bars were loose and dangerous for the whole 4 days. I saw lots of children run past and grab the rail (as kids do) and nearly fall over as the bars came loose and were bent.

Borth in general was a tad dull compared to New Quay (where we'd stayed at the weekend), there's really not much there (the Animalarium was good).

I definitely wouldn't go back.

2 Thank Sam L
Park R, General Manager at Brynowen Holiday Park, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Hello Sam and thank you for your review. You are quite correct - the grade of the caravan has no bearing on our standards of cleanliness and so I must apologise that on this occasion we have failed to meet the standards we strive for. I apologise that you had to encounter this poor quality caravan and as a result I have requested that my accommodation team put this right immediately.
We were unaware of the drainage issue which is being investigated as we speak and again, I agree that this is far from acceptable. The peak season has begun to reflect on our main showbar and it is feeling the effects of a busy year. Whilst we have worked hard to maintain all areas and fix any issues as soon as we are aware of them we will be redecorating and ensuring all repairs are completed again before the beginning of the 2013 season. I am so sorry that on this occasion we did not live up to expectations. If you do decide to holiday with us again next year, we will ensure your faith in our Park is reinstalled.

Travelers are raving about these Aberystwyth hotels

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 30, 2012

The best things about this park is its location, with views over the bay, and excellent service from their maintenance team.
The bad bits... Car parking on site could be improved, and none of the bedding supplied was large enough to cover the double bed without leaving a gap.
Otherwise good value for what we paid.

Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 30, 2012

Excellent location pity the site was so poor and staff failed to address even basic issues. Shop Bar and restaurant poorly stocked and accomodation dirty and run down. Entertainment also could be much better.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Hello and thank you for your review. I’m pleased to hear that you enjoyed our excellent location but I’m sorry to hear that you had issues during your stay. We make every effort to find a resolution to any issues whilst guests are still on Park and I’d like to assure you that had we been made aware of of any issues whilst you were on Park we would have made every attempt to ensure you were satisfied throughout your stay. I must apologise that you we did not meet your expectations on this occasion.
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 30, 2012

I have recently returned from a short break at Brynowen and had a lovely time. We booked a a bronze caravan however due to work commitments I was unable to stay more than 2 nights (we had booked 4 nights) however on arrival we were given a silver 3 bedroom caravan instead. The caravan was lovely, the beds were already made up which was unexpected and there were radiators in all the rooms so it was lovely and warm all the time. We used Brynowen as a base to visit Aberystwyth, the bus actually stops outside the site which was very convenient. The receptionists were very friendly and gave us a bus timetable which was ideal. I will definately stay at Brynowen again.

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 30, 2012

I have been taking short caravan breaks with my family all my life and this is the worst break I have ever been on. Driving through Borth on arrival I don't see the attraction dull and bleak (even though it was a glorious day). The caravan site is a tale of 2 stories 1) the flat part near the entrance and the 'facilities' but all the caravans are crammed in, in rows 2) up a steep hill but if you're lucky you may just get a glimpse of the sea. Unfortunetly we were in the 1st part. On checking in I was told not to park on the grass by the caravan but on the road at the side - chance would have been a fine thing the caravans were so close together you would never have got a car onto the grass.

Caravan -
We 'upgraded' to the silver it was the smallest I have ever seen my living room at home was bigger (and thats not huge) with a view of the bedrom window of the van in front. I took my mum and 10 year daughter and spent the whole weekend apologising. The van was not only small but dirty with stains on the carpets and curtains, evidence of damp in the corners of the bedrooms and we couldn't use the shower for fear of needing a tetanus because it was rusty. Other people were complaining too on the way out. We were so close you can hear the people in the next caravans walking up and down all night.

Power -
If you have booked the site take a torch the power went every night as it can't cope with people putting the heating on and lights when its dark!!

Diner -
Do not use it. We ate here on the Friday night and have never seen a worse pile of slop. You are paying for reheated rubbish and I had a dodgy stomach the following day.

Pool -
Could not comment on what it was like it was closed apparently due to technical issues!!

As you can tell I wasn't impressed and I've been inundated with emails and texts since we got there asking me to buy a caravan on site so we can keep going back - think they'd have to pay me and even then I'd probably decline. Please do not waste your well earned money.

1 Thank ESH79
Hello and thank you for your review. I am sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your stay with us. As you mention Brynowen is built into the hillside and features five different levels. The caravans higher up our park feature views and generally have more space around them but are not as convenient for the facilities and access to the village as are the caravans sited on the lower flat levels of the park. We will always try to accommodate our guests according to their needs however. Silver caravans can vary in size but all feature the same basic standards of heating and accommodation layout. However, all caravans should be clean and presentable and as a result of your comments I am looking to improve our processes to ensure consistency in delivering and exceeding this standard and I must apologise that we failed to deliver on this occasion. We did have an electricity supply problem on the Saturday evening which was out of our control which led to the pool being closed for a time due to a reduction in the water temperature. We have since brought in temporary equipment to alleviate any future problems until our local electricity board build their new substation this winter!
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 27, 2012

The swimming pool let it down. No changing area except a few shoddy cubicles. Plus pay no attention to the safety leaflet you will get regarding the flume saying "kids need to be 1 metre to use the slide" Not true. When we went I got told my son needs to swim a proper length with proper strokes. Not to sure why. He is over a metre tall and can stand easily enough in the water where the slide exits. Other then that I enjoyed the rest of the park. And I love Borth including Animalarium.