“A night out with my wife”
Review of Gannets Bistro

Gannets Bistro
Ranked #31 of 150 Restaurants in Aberystwyth
Cuisines: British
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Pontypridd, United Kingdom
“A night out with my wife”
Reviewed July 12, 2014

Very friendly staff, excellent service, reasonably priced wine and fantastic food. The duck a l'orange was amazing - the best I have tasted and the overall cost for 2 starters, 2 main meals and a bottle of wine at £47 was excellent value. Thoroughly recommended

Visited July 2014

aberystwyth
“Good home cooked food”
Reviewed July 7, 2014 via mobile

Always a lovely welcome at this little bistro, fantastic service and owners and staff always friendly and happy to help. Don't miss out on the most delicious and tasty peppered steaks you are likely to have in Aber.

Also everything on the menu is reasonably well priced.

1 Thank parry77
London, United Kingdom
“Yum, yum”
Reviewed July 5, 2014

First time at Gannets, we just happened upon it and grateful we did. Great menu options and I was very happy with my choice, but glad I have sharing friends and we all tried eachothers meal :)
Friendly staff too :)

Visited July 2014
Wrexham, United Kingdom
“A little biased ....”
Reviewed June 26, 2014 via mobile

As a former waitress of several years at this bistro ( 10 years ago now- yikes!!!) I put my hands up to being biased but can hand on heart say that the food and welcome you will receive is second to none. Honest homely food, plenty of wine and a warm atmosphere are what I remember most. I've been back as a customer on 'holiday' - day trips to the beach mostly but make sure It's here I have lunch or early tea . Hidden gem :)

Aberystwyth, United Kingdom
“Croeso cynnes iawn a bwyd gwych / a very warm welcome and lovely food”
Reviewed May 30, 2014

We felt very welcome and we were given water and bread and butter without asking. The mackerel was very tasty as was the steak. Also, meals are very cheap at lunch time so a bonus. Will definetely be returning.

• Visited May 2014