“A gem!”

Description: Award winning seafront restaurant
cardiff
“A gem!”
Reviewed August 20, 2014

I had not heard of this restaurant until my friend recommended. It was excellent in every way. Lovely setting, beautiful food, welsh produce and so unexpected from my Aberystwyth stay. I wish we had something like this in Cardiff.

Visited August 2014

Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
“Excellent Restaurant”
Reviewed August 14, 2014

Five us ate here on 13/8 everything was excellent. Small cosy restaurant. Staff very friendly and accommodating. I can't eat Spinach and the chicken dish I wanted was stuffed with cheese and spinach, so I asked if I could have it without the stuffing as I can't eat Spinach! When it came it was stuffed with cheese but no Spinach, it was gorgeous. Everything everyone I our group had was delicious. Everything is home cooked and clearly not pre prepared as my request proved! Would definitely recommend and would return again if in the area.

1 Thank KarenC8998
Carmarthen
“Bwyd Cymraeg arbennig”
Reviewed August 11, 2014

We had a lovely meal for four here last night, the menu was focused on local seasonal ingedients and well presented. Diolch i'r merched gweini am noswaith hyfryd.

Ipswich
“Delicious food watching beautiful sunset”
Reviewed August 11, 2014

We were very lucky as the weather was perfect and we were able to sit outside and watch a beautiful sunset. The food was delicious. Well cooked with fresh ingredients and good portion sizes. I had chicken breast, wrapped in pancetta and stuffed with spinach and Welsh cheese with a Marsala sauce and it was moist as well as very tasty.
It’s not cheap for an evening meal but competition is limited in Aber. The waitress deserves a mention, as she was absolutely lovely and very impressively kept her heels on during the whole service!

Swindon, United Kingdom
“An oasis in the desert..............”
Reviewed August 10, 2014

After much researching and consulting TA reviews, we picked the Gwestry Cymru restaurant and called in late afternoon to book a table. Many of the eating establishments in Aberystwyth looked quite scruffy and seemed to cater mainly for the student population and day trippers but this place stood out as a comfortable restaurant with a great location on the seafront and a good menu.
We started with a drink outside (tables cannot be booked here unlike inside) and then took our table indoors. Whilst waiting for the starters we had some delicious bread with a tasty balsamic glaze and olive oil dip.
For starter I ordered the scotch egg wrapped in sausage, bacon and a black pudding coating and served on a potato rosti, which was tasty, whilst my wife had the local scallops, that were cooked to perfection. She chose the cod special for main and I picked the salmon which had a delicious whisky, soy, maple and sesame marinade. Both plates were beautifully presented. The coffee, chocolate and marsala torte was deliciously stodgy and calorie laden and ended the meal very nicely.
The location, quality of the food and excellent service all contributed to a very enjoyable dining experience.