“Keep away”

Good for: Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
“Keep away”
Reviewed February 10, 2014

My husband and I popped into the Oak Apple after we where told that food had improved but sadly to say it was the very worst. Atmosphere is none existence, Every where you look is dirty. Smelly, dirty toilets, Televisions, music where ever you turn. Service is bad, bad manners, No dress sense ,food is dumped in front of you, has if the customer is a inconvenience .Drinks are expensive. Food is awful .Menu is poor. Food on the cheep, not food for the soul. Health inspector where are you.

“Cheap and cheerful”
Reviewed February 8, 2014

Met up with some friends for lunch. We wanted a good catch up and some food. We got together on a Wednesday lunch time and the place was packed by 12.30pm. Glad we got there for 12pm. Quite a queue at the bar but plenty of staff to take food and drink orders. Our food arrived quite quickly and I have to say it was very impressive for what we paid. All day breakfast for £3.50 - to be honest, I couldn't buy the ingredients for that. The sausage, mash and onion gravy looked really good too. There is lots of choice on the menu and everything is cheap. OK, they won't win any fine dining awards, and the interior of the pub is very shabby, but if all you want is a good natter and some food, its a good place to go.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Dreadful. AVOID.”
Reviewed February 6, 2014

This has got to be the worst pub I have ever been to. Came with friends to get some food and play pool. Atmosphere is dead, only buzzed up with other diners laughter. The landlady has a face of thunder and seemed like she hated the idea of having people talk to her. Once we had ordered, she barked at us that there was a 40 minute wait! A FORTY MINUTE WAIT, FOR A BURGER AND CHIPS! We also ordered drinks, which were ridiculously expensive for a pint of coke and a red bull. It got to over an hour before our food which was lackluster at best. literally just an average burger and fries, all of which would be better at McDonalds at a cheaper price. Don't even bother going there. You will regret it.

1 Thank rypythegreat
Worcester, United Kingdom
“I believe the landlady is so unhappy”
Reviewed January 31, 2014

visited this place again to watch football couldn't beleive the lady behind the bar again face like thunder would not speak even when I said thanks for pouring the pint she ignored me what is the matter with her and the staff

I will again not set foot in here because of that makes you feel so crap
the food is ok and the pub ok always bust prob with locals as our faces do not fit may im sure marstons don't want this in the public houses

• Visited January 2014
“Awful”
Reviewed December 13, 2013 via mobile

Came with my girlfriend and friends for a bite to eat and a drink. The staff at the bar were miserable and not in the slightest friendly. Ordered drinks that came to under £5 and got told I had to pay over £5 to pay on card which was fair enough, however when I asked to fix this by doubling up I got told I couldn't because it was already on the till. Frankly this is poor service and a new till system is needed to allow for order corrections. Ordered popcorn chicken snack in a box which came out with uncooked chips and a potion the size for 1 yet being a "sharer". I would advise anyone to go to KFC for a better portion for half the price. Shall not be visiting again.