“A great birthday venue”
Review of Browns Bar & Dining - CLOSED

Browns Bar & Dining
Cuisines: Contemporary, British, Gastropub, Wine Bar
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Set on the beautiful and tranquil setting of the River Severn's South Quay just a stones throw away froml the hectic city life. This spot is an absolute favourite for families and visitors to Worcester alike. At any time of day enjoy relaxing while the children play in the fountains, or feed the swans on the river. Start your day relaxed. Join us for a morning tea or coffee, or get set for the day with a continental style breakfast 11am - 3pm: Want to escape the city buzz for a relaxed lunch? The Quay offers a modern and multicultured variety of choices for a quality lunch. Italian and flat breads, pastas, tapas, and daily specials. 3Pm - 5pm: The traditional english afternoon tea. A selection of teas, cakes, pastries sandwiches and everything you need to enjoy the beautiful River Severn views. 5Pm: Looking to dine out for the evening? Want to treat friends or a loved one? Then book in with us for our evening service. Make a choice from our fresh fish counter, or select from our menu of specials designed by our top team of chefs. Experience the heighst of fine dining and enjoy an exquisite evening. Late: We take you late while you enjoy the sights and sounds of the South Quay. This is a time for a wide ranging choice of cocktails, wines and champagnes, a perfect finish to the day. The Quay also offers a conference room available for corporate events or private hire. With a variety of options, including cocktail making courses, and wine tasting with a selection of the best wines from across the world. We can tailor the experience to your needs. Contact us to discuss your options.
Reviewed October 19, 2012

I visited twice in July, once for drinks with a group of girlfriends on a Friday night - which although was really busy with diners, was great for drinking. I visited again on a Monday night a few weeks later with my extended family and my 9 and 6 yr old for my 40th birthday. Food was good for starters and excellent for mains - enough to choose from to satisfy a picky 6 yr old and a 71 yr old. Tapas starters were a great idea, everyone had a little of something. Rib eye was perfect, cocktails were great, wine was good. Will absolutely go again.

Reviewed October 17, 2012

Modern decor which Is a little cold to me. Food is fine, nothing special. The hummus isn't great in the tapas and e calamari I had was tough. Great location and staff fairly friendly. Compared to browns at its heyday of fine dining, this is a poor comparison but nice cocktails and atmosphere in the evening. Don't expect fine dining and you'll be satisfied

Reviewed October 15, 2012

I visited Browns in July 2012 with business associates who had flown in from California. We had a fantastic evening, great food, excellent service (thank you Leon) and a vibrant atmosphere that didn't intrude on personal conversation.

The location, of course, is very pleasant being on the river and the interior is modern and chic without losing it's intimacy and comfort. I've dined at several of the local restaurants belonging to the owner of Brown's since becoming a resident of Worcester, and the quality of food and service is always of the highest quality. I'm returning to Browns again on Saturday of this week to dine with friends, so there's no better endorsement than that. Check it out, you'll be glad you did.

1  Thank CTJS
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Great bar to relax in, fantastic choice of wines. I love that they have sections for the wines so you know which you'd prefer! The Pinot Noir is brilliant. I love going there!

1  Thank Rachael T
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Went here with a group of friends for a relaxed Saturday lunchtime. Chose from the tapas menu (9 different dishes) and were pleasantly surprised by the good portion size and the delicious variety.
Riverside location makes this an enjoyable experience for dining in the heart of Worcester city.
Car parking available in Pay & Display behind the Worcester College building on Deansway.

1  Thank SelkieGirl