“A gem of an Italian...”
Review of Puccini's - CLOSED

Puccini's
Good for: Families with children, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Norwich, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A gem of an Italian...”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Highly recommended, nice staff, great food and not a chain. We turned up gone 10 o'clock and still had a great meal. The staff were happy and relaxed with us being there. Great.

• Visited July 2013

Birmingham, England
“Grazie Mille!”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

In a street of restaurants, this stands out! The vegetarian starter I shared with my partner was large, varied, and wholly authentic. My main course of pumpkin stuffed ravioli in a butter sauce(one of the specials that day) was extremely tasty - three of our party had that. The other two were full of praise for the sea bass and the vegetable canneloni. Since we had also gourged ourselves on the plenteous plates of breads and oils to start, we never made it to the sweet course. Service was excellent too!

1 Thank Rosamunde
“Excellent service!”
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Fab waiter, Clark. Very knowledgable & attentive. Food equally as good as Galleria Italiana. Great location & atmosphere. We'll be back!

• Visited August 2013
“Excellent food and service, as always.”
Reviewed August 7, 2013

Excellent food, all three courses were very tasty. Service was excellent, we didn't feel rushed or ignored even though it was a busy night - good job we booked a table. A great evening!

Worcester, United Kingdom
“Great Desserts, shame about the rest”
Reviewed August 3, 2013

Puccini's is in a lovely setting in the old medieval black and white architecture of Friar Street. I was encouraged to visit by the great reviews, but was left feeling rather under whelmed by the experience. I would definitely not recommend this as a romantic destination! The tables for 2 are so crammed together you feel you should be including the couple on the next table in your conversation... you can certainly hear every single word they say. Not conducive for romantic, or any private conversation for that matter, at all! Also, I was left wondering how a person of large frame would negotiate their way round the tightly packed tables and chairs in the restaurant...
The service was very efficient but could leave you feeling a little rushed. I found the desserts sensational, but the rest of the food, although beautifully presented and freshly prepared, was very bland in flavour. We shared a large vegetarian anti pasto for starters. It was very pretty, but the flavours were nothing to get excited about. My partner eagerly ordered a Pizza Rossa... but it was very dry, the crust was white and even though there was supposed to be chilli on it, he found it very tasteless and unappetizing. I ordered the Cannelloni Puccini, thinking as it was named after the restaurant, they must be very proud of it. It came beautifully bubbling from the oven, but the strongest taste of the dish was peas with a hint of mint. Nothing else on the plate tasted of anything, and personally I found it very boring to wade through. The desserts though, were gorgeous. My partner had the tirimasu and I had the gorgeous Italian Ice cream which came with a yummy jug of delicious thick dark chocolate. So if you just want a pudding, are of average or slender build, and do not want any privacy... then this is the place for you!

2 Thank Foodiejem