“Great Italian food, lovely eatery”
Review of Puccini's - CLOSED

Puccini's
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed July 5, 2011

Great food from a fairly small menu, wonderfully accommodating staff. I particularly like the Genovese pasta and their pizzas with thin, light bases.
A great little place.

3  Thank I_Am_No_AAGill

Reviewed June 20, 2011

I went on Saturday evening with no reservation after meeting up with a friend. We were welcomed warmly and given the last table for 2. We declined starters but shared some olives. I chose the crayfish tail spaghetti, my friend chose the sea bass risotto. Both were brought to us quite quickly but not so quick so that you knew it was freshly prepared. The plates and the food were very hot. We both enjoyed our meals immensely. We were quite full but managed to squeeze in a little ice cream after. With a large glass of house wine each our bill came to a very acceptable £40. The atmosphere was just right, it is small and intimate inside, but not too cramped, and reminded me of several restaurants we visited in Sorrento last year. The girls on the table next to us ordered pizza, they looked very nice and authentic with a fresh thin base and plenty of topping. I will certainly be visiting again but will make a reservation as we saw others being turned away and I would hate to be disappointed.

2  Thank chrisontour
Reviewed June 19, 2011

After shopping for 2 hours in Worcester, I wanted to give myself a rest and having remembered an Italian restaurant I never tried, I headed for that one. Now, it turned out it was Puccini's and, I have to say, while I am temporarily working near Worcester I tried some pizzas in Worcester and Great Malvern, but that pizza I got at Puccini's made me feel as if I hadn't had any in years.
Whereas several pizzashops (rather than they're to be called pizzerias) serve pizzas with ham stripes and tomato cubes, at Puccini's you get a fine selection of ingredients made to be put onto a pizza. It is like the difference between a mere assembly and the true making as it is meant to be. Furthermore, you get the opportunity to top it up with dressing or just salt and pepper. Besides the main meal, desserts and coffee are available, of which I enjoyed an espresso.
Now leaving things you can eat or drink, the atmosphere at Puccini's is a familiar one. No matter to put tables together or provide a book to rummage in when you're on your own. The background is filled with gentle music and the decoration is simple but therefore beautiful and not excessive.
Concludingly, I lost myself there and though it was just for one and a half hours, as I left Puccini's I felt like having returned from a trip to Italy.
Thank you, guys.

2  Thank gee040
Reviewed June 4, 2011

Puccini's is quite simply the best Italian restaurant in worcester, the service is always superb and the food is even better, we go as often as we can and have never had a bad experiance ! cucina at its best !

Russ & Kelly x

1  Thank gennaro74
Reviewed June 3, 2011

My son and daughter in law took us here for my birthday and as a coeliac I was worried about what I would find on the menu to eat.I was delighted to find how helpful and understanding of my specific needs the staff were and how they went the extra mile in trying to ensure that my dining experience was as closely matched as possible to any other diner.I dont know who trained the staff but I would give them 10 out of 10.Food was lovely,atmosphere was great and customer service was superb.Eating out was a lovely experience for me as a coeliac which is not usually the case.We will be back!!

1  Thank mikeandbrida