“Nice place, the food could be better.”

Cafe Rouge - Worcester
Ranked #25 of 363 Restaurants in Worcester
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Join us for a quick bite or a more leisurely meal. We're open all day serving a wide selection of light snacks, salads, steaks and much more. Located in the atmospheric and picturesque Friar Street, home of the National Trust Greyfriars House & Garden.
Reviewed January 15, 2014

I use to go to this restaurant quite often. But unfortunately the food quality gone down a lot. Not as good as it was before. Still like the atmosphere. Service is a little slow and rude sometimes. But you would get the same customer service in any French restaurants. Probably its the restaurant policy.

1  Thank Julija_Fox

Reviewed January 14, 2014 via mobile

We visited here on a quiet afternoon. We had reserved a table but the staff did not seem to understand me when I said this and just said to sit anywhere.
We had a discount code for 33% off main courses but after looking at the menu we decided to not use the code and to go with the set lunch menu which at £9.95 for 2 courses was better value.
Wine was extremely expensive here was was a shame. The waitress recommended the house red and said it was very popular but unfortunately it was absolute s**t, like vinegar, the cheapest house wine I have probably ever tasted.
We asked for glasses of water with the meal. They only brought us one so we had to order again!
Nice healthy choices on the menu which I have to say was cooked perfectly and the food was OUTSTANDING. Really good!
They had taken care to trim all the fat off the bacon and the starter was a very generous portion.
Toilets were very clean. Nicely decorated resturant with nice music playing. Could have been a bit warmer inside though!
Waitress was friendly but rushed off her feet.
A long wait for drinks and a very long wait for food to arrive and in between each course.
Barman/manager followed us to the door to open it for us when we left. Little things like that leave a good lasting impression.
We will definitely visit here again.

1  Thank Levi1983
Reviewed January 14, 2014

Had a Full English breakfast with my wife in this charming little cafe. The food was very tasty but the beverages could have been a little hotter. I think service is very good here and the toilets spotless too.
It is in a nice location and in the warm weather it would be lovely to be sitting outside on the tiny patio area.

1  Thank rubberband
Reviewed January 12, 2014

Went today had £40 of tesco vouchers after doubling them up- always think that's well worth doing. I shared a garlic bread type dish with my 2 daughters- my husband had French onion soup. Main the girls had a fixed price deal for £6.25- pasta and a ham and cheese melt went down well. I had the sausage mash and cabbage it was very good!! Hubby had beef borginion he was a little disappointed nether the less was tasty. Service was good- busy for a Sunday lunch- bill came to £76 minus our £40 off its worth it. Alcohol bumps the price up with it £5.50 a glass of rose.

1  Thank newmrsh
Reviewed January 1, 2014

Customer service is always friendly and quick! Awesome food! The locations is lovely and historical. Vibrant street and lovely during Winter Fair.

1  Thank Rudigar87