“Great for a large group”

The Old Rectifying House
Ranked #7 of 355 Restaurants in Worcester
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed November 18, 2013

I booked The Old Rec for a 40th Birthday meal. The owner was very helpful and responded to my enquiries very quickly. They were happy for us to decorate the table and allowed us to bring our own birthday cake which they very kindly brought out to us with candles, napkins, plates and a knife to cut it with after the meal. We had to preorder our food but there were a few last minute changes on the night which they were happy to accommodate. The only downside was that they were quite slow at the end to give us the bill! But on the whole the food was delicious, beautifully presented (slightly on the cool side) and the staff were very friendly. We will definitely be going back for more

Reviewed November 6, 2013 via mobile

The menu here isn't vast but the food is very tasty - I had the boar burger which looked a bit small but was genuinely the best burger I have had for a long time, didnt leave me feeling too full but I didnt need anymore food either (apart from some of the excellent chips). Mrs had the cottage pie, again very tasty & filling despite initially appearing to be a small portion. Drinks wise, they have Erdinger so winner for me and the gin list is extensive. Will be back very soon.

Reviewed November 2, 2013

We stumbled upon the Old Rectifying House whilst out and about in Worcester and what a find. Good locally brewed beer and a great menu. We had some interesting artisan bread as a nibble which was delicious and some excellent burgers- Its nice to find somewhere in the UK which does a quality burger cooked to your liking and doesnt just serve up the same old char grilled rubbish. We were served by Dan who was really friendly and knowledgeable about the menu. If you are in the area I strongly recommend you visit.

Reviewed November 2, 2013

Was expecting great things from this restaurant. The overall ambience is very nice, music not too loud; which is always a plus point in my book, and the staff were mostly very friendly.
However...when the starter arrived... I had to get my magnifying glass out. 5 wafer thin slices of VERY thin smoked duck for £6??!! Come on!! Unless you had smoked this by hand, even then the price was steep to say the least! Mains very tasty but small. Cheese board a complete rip off for £9. For this amount of money I would expect unpasteurized cheeses, which I don't think they were. One tasted like Applewood smoked, which is a very ordinary cheese, you would normally include an ordinary cheddar as well, as not everyone likes smoked cheeses. For £9 3 bits of cheese that were tasty, but would befit a mousetrap is simply not on.

1  Thank jojofyddle
Reviewed November 1, 2013

The Old Rectifying House is our favorite restaurant in Worcester, great atmosphere, superb food and the Spanish Coffee is not to be missed.

1  Thank Kevin M