“Birthday meal”

Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed February 19, 2013

I went here for a birthday meal with a group of drunken, but friendly people.

The restaurant happily accommodated our large group late in the evening as we didn't wish to disrupt any meals earlier on. Their flexibility for a large group of late twenties adults celebrating did not detract from the service level at all.

The food was first rate, high quality Thai food. The staff where attentive and polite, and I'm really struggling to find a bad thing to say. Top experience in a fantastic Thai restaurant.

There are newer reviews for Thai Gallery Restaurant

Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

Recently had a.meal here and heard several good things about restaurant from others.
Booked for 18.30 and arrived a little bit early as told restaurant would be full after 19.00
Couple in front of us had no booking but were shown to table then the waiter came back and showed us to a table beside them
Within a couple of minutes of being given menus we were asked if we were ready to order...we selected a drink...bottle of house white and asked for a little bit of time
Within another minute we were asked if we were ready to order and then a couple of minutes later after taking a little time to look through menu we decided on set meal for 2
By now the whole experience was feeling very rushed as though they wanted us out so they could wheel the next set in
Starters came and the couple on the next table had eaten and left just under 20 minutes....
The waiter asked us if we'd finished starters a few times when we clearly had not which again made us feel uncomfortable
The mains came and food was ok but have had much better Thai elsewhere
Thailand is the land of a smiles and maybe the owners need to lead by example in this front.....
Decent building but lacks the feel of a restaurant that we'd want to return to

Reviewed February 15, 2013

I booked a table for what I was told was the only available spot on Valentines 2013, for 9pm. When we arrived 10 minutes early for our table, we where ignored by three members of staff, it would have been nice to have been acknowledged, but I appreciate that it was a busy time. So we went for a drink and came back at 9pm to find ourselves queuing outside the door. Many people in front of us were getting seated, even without reservation, and some seemed to be seen before others as they appeared to know the staff. After about half an hour wait for our table, we were seated, although no one took my name or anything so think we were just being seated in order, regardless of any reservations or anything. After this shaky start, we sat down with an open mind because I have only heard positive things about the restaurant. It did take a while for anyone to offer us drinks or anything, and it seems that the waiters were just attending all tables rather than working sections, which as a full time waitress I understand to work very well, especially in busy times such as Valentines day. Once we did order, the wine and food was lovely. We were extremely impressed with the quality of the food. Really authentic and well presented, along with amazing flavours, really worth the money you pay for I would say. Dessert was lovely too, quite a nice selection too. Once it calmed down a little, the experience was lovely, and definitely well worth a visit. I will go again, just think it was unfortunate that we ended up going on such a busy day, although maybe this is something to look into to possibly not over book for certain days like this as after speaking to other diners, it was obvious everybody was a little annoyed about the start. I also think I notice things more as I spend most of my days as a waitress!

Reviewed February 11, 2013

Lovely atmosphere, attentive service, busy even for a Wednesday evening. Not too impressed with the Thai Gallery platter for two but the Geang Ga-Ree curry made up for it. A little cramped at the table, perhaps if we had made a reservation we might have had a better table.

Reviewed February 8, 2013

Not the best Thai I've ever been to & I felt that the Pad Thai noodles were sweetened a little too much. Asked for Jasmine tea & they brought me a tea pot of hot water! it was a funny/silly error and soon rectified. I'd certainly go there again but would order a different dish to the Pad Thai. they forgot about me after I asked for my bill and ended up leaving cash rather than waiting for them to come to me to take my card. This isn't a great write up I know but it's honest & I certainly wouldn't want to put anyone off going as overall it was ok.