“Absolutely Great”

Pear Tree Inn and Country Hotel
Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Worcester
Reviewed January 21, 2014

Room 111

Very pleasant place, excellent staff. Spacious room although bathroom was a little compact, but not overly

Food was excellent and a pleasant night's stay overall

A special mention for Scott for whom nothing was too much trouble - a credit to the Hotel and the industry

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank David H
Michael P, General Manager at Pear Tree Inn and Country Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your kind comments which I have passed on to the team and especially to Scott.

Reviewed January 21, 2014

Having moved to Droitwich, we thought we should try the local restaurants. Been many years since we first went here, but we shall return.My husband had baked Hake in a delicious cheese and leek sauce. I had Chicken Kiev, which would have been pretty tasteless without the garlic, not the best piece of chicken I've ever had. However, it came with chunky chips and salad dressed with a gorgeous dressing. We had to wait quite a while for our meal, as they were very busy and unfortunately it was so cold in there, I kept my coat on. The staff were very pleasant and we shall return, but not until the weather gets warmer!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Michael P, General Manager at Pear Tree Inn and Country Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2014

Dear Guest
Thank you for your review on Tripadvisor.
I have passed on your comments to the team to ensure you are 100% satisfied on your next visit.

Reviewed January 15, 2014

We had a pre rugby match lunch at The Pear Tree which was great success. The food and service were excellent and all our requests were met. The staff are very helpful and nothing seemed too much trouble. Hoping to return for a Shoot Dinner later this year.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Michael W

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review on here.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed December 23, 2013

Im not going to complain too much as this was kindly paid for by my boss and company so it was nice to all get together. Told to get sat down by 7.30 our starter came at 8.30! Main was 9.55 and pudding was 10.40 the night dragged out. Food was standard it was hot at least. The table wine was£9.99 a bottle it was like a bad vinegar so I didn't drink. There were 2 rooms 1 huge function room and a smaller one. We were in the smaller of the room it was very small and cramps. The poor dj stood there with his arms folded most of the night. It was pretty poor. Wouldn't go again EVER

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank newmrsh
Michael P, General Manager at Pear Tree Inn and Country Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your posting and my sincere apologies for not meeting your expectations.
I found your last comment 'Wouldn't go again EVER' a bit dramatic !

Reviewed December 19, 2013

Perhaps they were having a bad weekend but we booked here for a weekend on the way home from Cheltenham on the basis of the positive reviews and were very disappointed.

On the positive side, the hotel is very conveniently located near the M5 and Worcester and all the staff we saw were polite and cheerful. The room was in a reasonable decorative state and everything in the room worked, except as mentioned below.

However, the negatives are regrettably more numerous:
- The secondary double glazing was ineffective, so given the wind direction it felt draughty and we heard the continuous roar of motorway traffic from the M5 a few hundred yards away;
- The hotel experienced failure of a pump in their water system, with the result that for an evening we had no water, could not flush toilets or shower, etc. I had to go down to Reception to ask what was going on. Why didn't the receptionist tell us as we came in?
- Presumably because of the water problems we kept hearing someone plodding around in the roof space above our room on the top floor;
- The fire alarms went off and we evacuated our room. When we got downstairs we were told it was a false alarm, caused by the person repairing the faulty pump.
- The mattress was very uncomfortable and hard - described by my wife as a padded plank;
- Next morning we heard a customer at reception complaining that they still had no water to their room. (Our water supply had cone back on in the night).
- At breakfast on the Saturday there was some sort of convention going on adjacent to the restaurant. The breakfast buffet had run out of various things,such as glasses for fruit juice. There was a charming waitress doing her best to cope and looking very flustered, explaining that the delay in service was because a number of staff had called in sick. The cooked breakfast on Saturday was excellent but sadly it seemed there was another cook on duty on Sunday because the food was very greasy and not as well cooked.

It may have just been an unfortunate time to stay but based on this experience I cannot recommend this hotel and would not stop there again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back of the hotel because the front picks up a lot of noise from the motorway...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Quickie
Michael P, General Manager at Pear Tree Inn and Country Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write on here and my sincere apologies for not meeting your expectations on that occasion.
Unfortunately we have had a problem with our water system and as you witnessed it we have done our best to resolve it.
I appreciate your comments and have worked on them with the team.

Reviewed December 17, 2013

We attended a Christmas party night at this hotel last weekend.
The hotel looked nice from the outside, however the room where the party was seemed a little shabby and in need of updating, it was also quite cold.
The food was awful. The turkey was like processed and reformed plastic looking meat slices and the sprouts were so hard that I genuinely could not get my fork into them. The soup was horrible too. The rest of the meal was much the same - very, very poor quality and we all agreed that we would have got nicer food at a fast food takeaway.
Why bother serving up such awful food and expecting people to eat it?!
Very disappointing and we won't be going back.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank jusu3108
Michael P, General Manager at Pear Tree Inn and Country Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback on Tripadvisor.

My Head Chef and I apologize for letting you down with the food.

Unfortunately, on the day of the Christmas party, our butcher let us down and gave our Chef a substitute to replace the shortfall of the Turkey, which I must agree, was not to our standard at all. and therefore ending in complaints.

On the night we tried to rectify the situation by offering a different choice which was the beef and that was accepted.

Albeit, we recognize our mistake with the turkey and have refunded moneys to your organizer.

We have now put in place a contingency plan to ensure that will not happen again.

Again I can only apologize for the shortfall of our quality of food delivery.

Reviewed December 13, 2013

I was one of the party last weekend too. The hotel is clean and in a delightful location, staff were great - friendly, welcoming and very hard working. There just were not enough of them to cater for the numbers involved.
The tables at dinner on Friday were cramped, but the staff were able to move behind the diners to serve. Not so on Saturday. We had to pass meals along from the ends of the tables, and then pass the dirty dishes back. My wife had pre-ordered vegetarian meals and her choice was not available when we sat down for dinner on Saturday. - No explanation, just not available !
The breakfast on Sunday morning was grim. We went to the dining room at 9am to find luke warm food and drink which had clearly been prepared some time previously and left in warm receptacles to "settle". Again, friendly staff, just not enough of them to run the place properly.
The manager can make excuses, and if diners did change their pre ordered meals at the last minute then that is not acceptable, but the dining arrangements were a disaster and ignoring the obvious does not cure the issue.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank p_brown525

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments on Tripadvisor and my sincere apologize for not meeting your expectations.

As I mentioned to your organizer, there were some kind of lack of organizations from both part.

After a full investigation with the team, I must agree with yourself that the table arrangement was not the way it supposed to be for both comfort and service.

Unfortunately we can only learn from the past and ensure such discomfort will not occur in the future.

I would like to thank you for your positive feedback regarding the staff.