“nice hotel and excellent food”

Pear Tree Inn and Country Hotel
Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Worcester
Reviewed September 22, 2013

after finding the hotel on lat minute website rang hotel and booked ...got a good rate... met with a welcome ...lovely room which was very clean and could not be faulted ....ate in the bar and the food was excellent....will come back and 5mins of the M5 EXCELLENT value compared with the Premier Inn chain... staff all friendly and helpful

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Michael P, General Manager at Pear Tree Inn and Country Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2013

Dear Guests,
Many thanks for your positive review on TripAdvisor.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

There are newer reviews for Pear Tree Inn and Country Hotel

Reviewed September 21, 2013

The Pear Tree Inn was the ideal venue for me and my new wife's wedding! We got married on 10/08/13 and the staff went out of their way to make our day a perfect one.
The food was excellent, the service was outstanding (especially the young lad)! Nick was a great host for the day and made sure that everything went to plan! The rooms were very clean and a great size and the place as a whole was just very friendly!
My wife and I will make sure to visit at least once a year because we have never been disappointed with the place.
I highly recommend the Pear Tree, not just as a wedding venue but as a hotel, restaurant or even somewhere to sit in the sun with a quiet drink. I can honestly say that none of our 100+ guests had a bad word to say about the place. :-)

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Kevokay

Dear Bride and Groom,
Thank you very much for your wonderful comments on TripAdvisor. I am delighted to read that we made 'the best day of your life' happened.
I wish you all the best and a long and happy life together.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

This was a bargain, just £49 B&B, with extremely comfortable room and excellent food. The room was well above the specification expected for an 'inn' type accommodation. The evening meal was very good and again the quality was high, with choices such as scallops as a starter and an excellent slow cooked beef. The breakfast choice was very good with smoked salmon and poached Haddock among the choices, well above what I had expected. The total bill was just £72 for B&B, dinner and a beer. I will certainly be booking again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guests,
Thank you for staying with us at The Pear Tree Hotel. I am really appreciated on your positive feedback on here.
Please contact us directly to check our special deals.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

Firstly, I am writing this from the context of someone that spent many years working in this style of establishment so are well aware of the challenges and problems employees face with large groups. I am therefore sympathetic to the situation they find themselves in but this place should, without a doubt in my mind, be avoided. Hopefully the below review conveys the cumulative negative experiences witnessed.

I was part of a group of about 50 people that had booked in for Sunday lunch following a local Wedding the day before.

The requirement to pay a deposit of £5 was known before the event (a little strange, but fair enough you think for a large party like this), but to my surprise a full payment was then enforced several days ahead of the lunch taking place. This sort of approach, whilst very rare, really does not set the right tone and perhaps we should have considered this a warning. It leaves the consumer with no recourse should they have a bad experience and no incentive for the establishment to deliver a reasonable service.

On the actual day, we arrived promptly and went through to the dining area. From here we got seated and had to order drinks from the bar because there were no waiting staff to take drinks orders from the table. This behaviour seemed to attract outrage ("get back to your tables" was heard from the manager on duty [no - I have not selectively dropped any pleasantries from this recital of events]). My round of 8 soft drinks were all prepared without ice and slice, and overflowing by default. Brilliant, I thought, I looked forward to carrying them back to the table. Of course, I had to ask for a tray (the only one rationed to the bar I later realise) because the Barman who I had come fond of at this point (especially the untucked shirt and tie combo) didn't offer one.

Back to the restaurant we settled into the Carvery which to be fair was of an acceptable standard and just what was needed and expected. The one caveat to this was, despite identifying one plate to be for a child, the fattiest chunks of meat were selected for the child's plate.

In the restaurant the rude manager from before, was still in fine fettle complaining about the fact that we hadn't joined the Carvery queue at the right time. Anyone would have thought that 50 people under the excellent guidance of one rude, impatient and seldom seen member of staff would have not fallen foul of the restaurant rules, alas 50 people got fed (albeit in the wrong order apparently) and most were entertained by this joker.

• Stayed: September 2013
6  Thank Eaysejr
Michael P, General Manager at Pear Tree Inn and Country Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments on Tripadvisor.

I feel, after reading your comments, rating us one star is unfair and unreasonable.

We did take a deposit of £5.00 to secure the booking. Regarding the full payment, we required this as per our policy for group bookings. It was a reasonable request which you will find that most establishments would require for 50 guests (we also on that occasion allowed the organiser extra time for payment to allow collecting money from guests)

On the day we refunded 3 meals (when all 50 seats were taken !) as a gesture of goodwill.

Your party booked at 12:00 noon and arrived at around 12:15.

We do provide waiting on staff, however for large parties; payments and table service of drinks can prove to be difficult. Again, no pre-orders or tabs were requested.

Our ‘joker’ has actually been named numerous times (on here and elsewhere) for his excellent service and polite manner: so I do not understand your comments on this occasion.

Nothing was mentioned by any member of the party on the day to rectify your concerns raised which is unfortunate as I was on duty that day (wedding) and recall your party leaving saying ‘thank you very much’ to the ‘joker’. That indicated there were no issues on the day.

Regards,

General manager

Reviewed September 10, 2013

Our daughter Ellie and her new husband held their wedding at the Pear Tree on 8 Sept. We would like to express our sincere thanks to all of the staff, especially Michael the Manager who was attentive at all times and also special mention should be made of Stuart the Master of Ceremonies who was professional throughout and ensured the day went to plan. From the wedding ceremony in the Gallery Suite to the Garden Room for the Wedding Breakfast, where our compliments go to the Chef as the food was outstanding, our Guests were all complimentary. Moving on to the Bartlett Suite for the evening everything was perfect in every way. Leading up to the Wedding Malvin also deserves a mention who ensured that all of our pre-wedding apprehensions were allayed,
We and the wedding party stayed at the Hotel overnight where we were extremely comfortable and enjoyed a lovely breakfast the next morning with very good service.
We would not hesitate to recommend this hotel for a wedding venue as we enjoyed every minute and our guest all complimented the choice of venue and service. Thank you to all of the other staff , from the receptionist's, waiting staff and everyone who all helped to make it a perfect day.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Dear Bride's mother,
I am very grateful that you took the time to write such lovely comments on TripAdvisor.
I wish Ellie and Clive a long and happy life together.

Reviewed September 9, 2013

Very friendly staff, particularly the young man who served in the bar. We booked for an overnight stay, and had intended to go for a meal in Worcester, not realising that the hotel is a good 10 -15 minutes drive away, so decided to eat in the hotel restaurant. Good choice of dishes, and all well cooked. Although they were busy we were promptly served, and the meal was not expensive. Breakfast was excellent, in particular the full English breakfast, which was very substantial. Rooms were spacious, quiet and clean.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,
Thank you for staying with us and for trying our Restaurant. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed our food especially our Breakfast.
Again, thank you for taking the time to write on here and we are looking forward to welcoming you in the near future.

Reviewed September 9, 2013

We went to The pear tree inn for my friends wedding, loved it. Had an amazing time . The whole day ran like clock work, Michael and Scott were great throughout the day. Food was fantastic . The staff couldn't have worked any harder. A really fantastic experience. We will definitely come again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your lovely comments on TripAdvisor.
We are looking forward to welcoming you again.