“Welcoming staff”

Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Worcester
Oakham, United Kingdom
“Welcoming staff”
Reviewed March 20, 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights when visiting Sixways for the LV cup final. The hotel is fairly standard with a good sized room and a comfortable bed. The staff on reception were excellent, as were the restaurant staff on the Saturday night and the breakfast staff. The meal in the restaurant was good and the breakfast buffet had a good variety in addition to a cooked breakfast. Despite the fact there was a party on, the room we had was quiet and we enjoyed a good nights sleep. The Sunday evening menu was more limited and service less efficient but still acceptable.
The location of the hotel, one mile from Sixways and away from noise makes this hotel ideal when visiting for rugby and we would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank quin88
Michael P, General Manager at Pear Tree Inn and Country Hotel, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Good afternoon,
Thank you very much for your comments on Tripadvisord.
I am looking forward to welcoming you on your next visit / rugby match.
Michael Pique

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Worcestershire
Reviewed March 20, 2013

my husband and I had our wedding reception here last year. The hotel is beautiful a perfect setting for a celebration such as this especially when you get great weather like we did. The wedding co ordinater was really helpful in dealing with any queries we had and when the day came we felt prepared. However the day before the wedding i had taken a couple of boxes of thank you gifts and some thank you bouquets, i was told to leave them on the table just as you go into the room and they would be placed under the cake table out of sight for the next day. When we arrived for the reception I found that this had not been done, they were where i had left them, subsequently the flowers were seen by the recipients before they were given them! secondly there was nobody around to hand out the welcome drinks or canapes as people arrived, I had to go and find someone to do this! Breakfast service the next day was awful. We waited almost an hour from ordering as did the other guests. Granted i am submitting this review sometime after the event so the issues we have may have been addressed by now. Apart from these niggles we had a fantastic day hence why i have still given a good rating.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank till_87
Good afternoon,
Thank you for your comments and tripadvisor.
My sincere appologies for not meeting 100% of your expectations.
I do appreciate your feedback as it unable us to put things right.
Thank you for the good rating.
Powys
Reviewed March 18, 2013

The Rooms nice and clean , good showers etc ,I stayed in a large room on the 1st floor which I did find a bit cold even with the heating on full

Evening meal was good and breakfast good quality with quick service .

Hotel is a bit off the beaten track with about a 2 mile drive to the nearest shop

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Good afternoon,
Thank you very much for staying with us and for your comments on Tripadvisor.
I am looking forward to welcoming you in the near future.
Crewe, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Stayed here with my housemate last weekend (16th-18th Feb) The service when we checked in was superb, exceptional receptionist on who advised us about local attractions, as well as offered wake up calls and newspapers. On entering our twin room, we were surprised to find that the two beds were pushed right together, forming a double bed, with no way of moving them apart. While we thought this was rather poor, we did not complain as we are good friends and were exhausted from a long drive and visit to the black country museum. The matresses were quite firm but comfortable, with fairly good quality bedding. The bathroom was as you would expect, usual complimentary toiletries, shower over bath and clean towels. The room was nicely decorated with a good range of channels on TV, and bearing in mind the M5 is only 1/4 mile or so away, very well sound proofed. Outside, the hotel has a large amount of land that is mainly taken up by a large lake, which seems to be well used by weddings.

The good-Very pleasant hotel, exceptional service on check in, nice room, well protected from noise.

The bad-Thermostat for air conditioning turned off by cleaners, leaving our room rather hot whilst we were out. Also came back to hotel after sunday dinner to collect a few bits, only to find the key card for our room wouldn't work. Went round to reception, where I had to wait for more than 5 minutes after ringing for attention for someone to appear. The gentleman was showing someone around who was looking to book a wedding, and finally, after nearly 20 minutes waiting, I was acknowledged by him. When I mentioned how long I had been waiting, his response was that he was sure I could understand potential wedding bookings take priority becuase of finances. Pretty poor showing towards a customer in my opinion.

Anyway, sorry to end on a sour note. Will certainly look to stay again. 4/5 stars.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Good afternoon,
Many thanks for taking the time to write on Tripadvisor.
I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, however very disappointed with the comment you have received from one member of my team regarding your wait for service due to a wedding show round.
I can assure you that is not the way we treati our guests and discussed and retrained the concerned team member.
I am looking forward to welcoming you again in the near future.
Worcester, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 21, 2013

We had a superb day where everything was catered for. Staff were brilliant and we had many positive comments about the food. Nothing was too much trouble both before and during the wedding. We would definitely recommend this hotel for a wedding or just for a visit

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Jennie S
Michael P, General Manager at Pear Tree Inn and Country Hotel, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Good afternoon,
Thank you very much for your lovely comments.
We are hoping to see you soon back at The Pear Tree Hotel.
Kind regards
Burbage, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 17, 2013

The good. Friendly staff, good breakfast served quickly, close to the rugby ground, bathroom was clean.
The bad. Wonky lamp shades, 8 different types of tatty flooring, slight wash bin smell in the room, room not turned down or any lighting on so very unwelcoming, even though they knew what time we were checking in, valance sheet not covering the divan, itchy poly cotton sheets, hard pillows , clinical light in the bathroom that made it feel like a Morg. Lacking in atmosphere considering its supposed to be a country pub. We could here our neighbouring rooms tv through thin walls. Tatty outdated furniture in the room, the motorway noise made us have to sleep with the window closed even though it was stuffy.
The ugly. The price, I would accept all of the bad above in a travel lodge for 60-70 pounds but for £130 I would expect more care and attention to the details. The price sets the expectation alot higher than you get in reality. We will not return and we will not recommend.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LCash1234
Michael P, General Manager at Pear Tree Inn and Country Hotel, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
I'm delighted to hear you received a pleasant welcome from our staff and enjoyed your breakfast

I do understand your comments regarding the rate, however it is within hotel practice to flex the rate and due to high demand and shortage of rooms the rate was high

Having said that if you wish to come back in the future, contact me directly and I will arrange a preferential rate as a gesture of good will

Michael Pique

Travelers are raving about these Worcester hotels

Reviewed February 9, 2013

I attended a 10 day course at the Pear tree hotel in late January and throughout the stay we were well catered for by the friendly and attentive staff. Beautiful food, great rooms and fantastic facilities made this a top notch venue for our training course and I would thoroughly recommend this hotel to anyone.
Many thanks to Nick and his staff team who made our stay more like a home from home.
All the best from all the P.R.I.C.E boys.

• Stayed January 2013
Thank you very much for your good comments and for taking the time to write on Tripadvisor.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Kind regards