“3 days of happy memories”

Pear Tree Inn and Country Hotel
Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Worcester
Adelaide, Australia
“3 days of happy memories”
Reviewed February 7, 2013

My wife and I visited [from Australia] for a well-attended family wedding and reception. In every respect, from checkin, our acommodation, meals and then throughout the function itself to checkout was handled beautifully. Our room was quiet, at a comfortable temperature, with a good bathroom and appropriate furniture. Abundant parking space was available immediately adjoining the building. A well laid-out bar provided a good spot for socialising for small or larger groups.
Overall the Pear Tree combines the facilities of a modern venue with a good deal of the charm of an old country house. Special mention must be made of the staff; constantly attentive, never intrusive and always good-humoured. We would recommend it strongly.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Michael P, General Manager at Pear Tree Inn and Country Hotel, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to post those nice comments on Tripadvisor which I have passed on to the Team.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back in your next visit.
Michael Pique

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
england
Reviewed February 4, 2013 via mobile

Me and my boyfriend stayed here on a Groupon offer. The rooms where nice, staff was friendly and the food was great! It was great value for money and we will definitely be back for another stay. The cute Parrot in the bar was an extra little bonus! Loved it!

• Stayed March 2012
Michael P, General Manager at Pear Tree Inn and Country Hotel, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Good afternoon,
Thank you very much for your lovely comments on Tripadvisor.
Please contact us again to check on our special deals.
I am looking forward to welcoming you again in the near future.
salisbury
Reviewed February 4, 2013

Nice,friendly and professional receptionist who made checkig in easy and made us feel welcome.Room on 1st floor at the front,first thing I noticed on entering the room was a stain on one of the chairs and a valance that didn't go to the floor therefore revealing a well worn ripped in places divan bed base,but the room was very clean and had most things except,as my wife pointed out, a full length mirror,a must for most women.
Bathroom was very clean but again a niggle,the shower knob came off in my hand and the ceiling was peeling and dropping paint flakes in to the bath.15 minutes minutes work would have sorted the bathroom out which shouts a lack of attention to detail which is a shame.

Though the weather was cold we like fresh air whilst sleeping so opened the window a few inches but the proximity of the M5 meant a steady hum of traffic all night so ask for a room at the back!

At Breakfast we received a friendly welcome and informed of the choices, we selected our table and I ordered coffee assuming that a pot would arrive whereas the waiter poured it which led to having to catch his eye for a refill and as he spent a lot of time sorting out the detrious of a party held the night before there were few opportunities to catch his or the waitresses eye,the result of the ever present problem of lack of enough staff to do the job.
Another niggle is we don't want "Match of the Day" intruding into our breakfast,I can put up wth the verbose African Grey Parrot that resides close by but not the over excited diatribe of a football commentary!
I ordered a full English which when it arrived was freshly cooked and very nice but again a niggle,it took 25 minutes from ordering to arrival and yet another niggle no sauces,mustard etc. so had to catch waiters eye,request,wait and eventually start a rapidly cooling meal and there were only 3 other guests in the room so it wasn't inordinately busy.Breakfast was included in our room rate which worked out at £10 pp for breakfast as against the £12 if it is not, both sums are over priced for the experience you receive.

Overall a nice stay in a friendly,comfortable,average hotel slightly spoiled by easy to rectify niggles resulting mostly from the usual lack of attention to detail and lack of adequate staff numbers.

Oh and the public area carpet is stomach churningly naff,I know I was in the Pear Tree but I don't need reminding of it at every step!!

Room Tip: Request a room at the back to escape noise from the M5.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank plodus
Michael P, General Manager at Pear Tree Inn and Country Hotel, responded to this review, March 30, 2013
Good morning,
Thank you for posting your comments on Tripadvisor.
We are constantly working on improving our customer service and I thank you for letting me know about your experience with us and my sincere apologies for not meeting your expectations. We have now redecorated our bathrooms.
We will be delighted to welcoming you again in the near future.
somerset uk
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I was a bit worried about the weather conditions and access but all was well. We found the good route for the snow/ice on the way home, through Droitwich. Not many people were venturing out, so the hotel was quiet and on 'tick-over', I think.

The staff were helpful and there were just enough of them. We did not book an evening meal (and I think they were relieved at that). The room was Ok, not as good as previously; it looked a bit bashed about and 'home-made' but it was nice and WARM, which was good. The 'snug' had been rearranged as a dining area which was a bit of a disappointment as we really liked sitting next to the fire there, in the comfy sofas, last year.
Breakfast was good but did not offer the range of last year. I was looking forward to salmon and scarmbled egg, and I was offered 'cooked breakfast'. It was fine. Joey, the parrot was in fine form, very chatty, and probably a bit bored because of the lack of visitors?

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Good morning,
Thank you for your comments on Tripadvisor. I was surprised to read that you were not offered the Smoked Salmon and Scrambled egg for Breakfast as it is on our menu.
Like you rightly said the hotel was quiet due to the poor weather conditions.
Thank you again for staying with us.
Derby, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 17, 2013

Staffed very friendly and couldn't do enough for us, this hotel is about a twenty minute drive from worcester and is situated in a rural location. The bedroom were of a decent size and so was the bathroom, tea and coffee facilities in the rooms. We had a evening meal which was fairly priced and also breakfast with two options continental or cooked .we were a party of five and we all said we would stay there again.

• Stayed January 2013
Good afternoon,
Thank you for your lovely comments on Tripadvisor.
I am looking forward to welcoming you in the near future.
High Wycombe, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 14, 2013

I was attending a friends wedding, and came across this hotel on Laterooms.

Perfectly situated in the countryside but close to motorway links.

Although the hotel decor is a little dated, it is spotlessly clean throughout. The bedrooms are comfortable and spacious.

The staff are extremely friendly and nothing is too much trouble. We had a lovely greeting by the gentleman who was on the reception on Saturday (12th) afternoon. They were also very flexible in extending our check out time.

Breakfast was great - a good range and a plated full English breakfast.

Although just for one night, we really enjoyed our stay here and if ever in the area again I would stay here again. I strongly recommend this hotel.

Thank you for a great stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Good afternoon,
Thank you for your nice comments on Tripadvisor.
I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and your friend's wedding with us.
Please contact us directly to book your room on your next visit and we will offer you a competitive rate.
I am looking forward to welcoming you again in the near future.
Wiltshire
Reviewed January 11, 2013

We have nothing but praise for this hotel. The location, staff, food and service were fantastic throughout the time we were there - they could not have done more. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone for an overnight stay, a restaurant outing or indeed for a wedding to remember! The happy couple have now returned to Australia but will never forget their wonderful wedding day. Thanks to all the team at The Pear Tree who made it such a success.

Room Tip: Some of the beds we were told were a little hard, but that is really a personal thing. The motorway...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Good afternoon,
Thank you for your lovely comments on Tripadvisor.
I am delighted to hear that The Pear Tree has delivered” A Wedding to Remember”.
I am looking forward to welcoming you in the near future.