“Snowy day one-night stay, Sunday-Monday, in January.”

Pear Tree Inn and Country Hotel
Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Worcester
somerset uk
“Snowy day one-night stay, Sunday-Monday, in January.”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I was a bit worried about the weather conditions and access but all was well. We found the good route for the snow/ice on the way home, through Droitwich. Not many people were venturing out, so the hotel was quiet and on 'tick-over', I think.

The staff were helpful and there were just enough of them. We did not book an evening meal (and I think they were relieved at that). The room was Ok, not as good as previously; it looked a bit bashed about and 'home-made' but it was nice and WARM, which was good. The 'snug' had been rearranged as a dining area which was a bit of a disappointment as we really liked sitting next to the fire there, in the comfy sofas, last year.
Breakfast was good but did not offer the range of last year. I was looking forward to salmon and scarmbled egg, and I was offered 'cooked breakfast'. It was fine. Joey, the parrot was in fine form, very chatty, and probably a bit bored because of the lack of visitors?

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Michael P, General Manager at Pear Tree Inn and Country Hotel, responded to this review, March 30, 2013
Good morning,
Thank you for your comments on Tripadvisor. I was surprised to read that you were not offered the Smoked Salmon and Scrambled egg for Breakfast as it is on our menu.
Like you rightly said the hotel was quiet due to the poor weather conditions.
Thank you again for staying with us.
Michael Pique

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Derby, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 17, 2013

Staffed very friendly and couldn't do enough for us, this hotel is about a twenty minute drive from worcester and is situated in a rural location. The bedroom were of a decent size and so was the bathroom, tea and coffee facilities in the rooms. We had a evening meal which was fairly priced and also breakfast with two options continental or cooked .we were a party of five and we all said we would stay there again.

• Stayed January 2013
Good afternoon,
Thank you for your lovely comments on Tripadvisor.
High Wycombe, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 14, 2013

I was attending a friends wedding, and came across this hotel on Laterooms.

Perfectly situated in the countryside but close to motorway links.

Although the hotel decor is a little dated, it is spotlessly clean throughout. The bedrooms are comfortable and spacious.

The staff are extremely friendly and nothing is too much trouble. We had a lovely greeting by the gentleman who was on the reception on Saturday (12th) afternoon. They were also very flexible in extending our check out time.

Breakfast was great - a good range and a plated full English breakfast.

Although just for one night, we really enjoyed our stay here and if ever in the area again I would stay here again. I strongly recommend this hotel.

Thank you for a great stay.

Good afternoon,
Thank you for your nice comments on Tripadvisor.
I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and your friend's wedding with us.
Please contact us directly to book your room on your next visit and we will offer you a competitive rate.
I am looking forward to welcoming you again in the near future.
Wiltshire
Reviewed January 11, 2013

We have nothing but praise for this hotel. The location, staff, food and service were fantastic throughout the time we were there - they could not have done more. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone for an overnight stay, a restaurant outing or indeed for a wedding to remember! The happy couple have now returned to Australia but will never forget their wonderful wedding day. Thanks to all the team at The Pear Tree who made it such a success.

Room Tip: Some of the beds we were told were a little hard, but that is really a personal thing. The motorway...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Good afternoon,
Thank you for your lovely comments on Tripadvisor.
I am delighted to hear that The Pear Tree has delivered” A Wedding to Remember”.
Cronulla Beach, New South Wales, Australia
Reviewed January 9, 2013

On the 5th of Jan my wife and I had the pleasure of holding our wedding day and reception here. We stay for a number of nights in the hotel before this. From the moment we booked in to the day we left we found the place, not only to be picturesque, but to be a warm and friendly atmosphere. The staff were fantastic and the food was always of a very high standard. If you were thinking of a wedding venue then go no further. Michael, Nick and the rest are top notch and know how to put on the best day of your lives......

Good afternoon,
Many thanks for your fantastic comments on Tripadvisor.
The team and I are delighted that we made 'the day of your life'.
I am wishing you all the best and a very happy life together.
We are hoping to see you soon at The Pear Tree Hotel!
Reviewed January 8, 2013

Stayed for a friends wedding, managed to arrange early check so we could unpack and get ready, which was no problem for receptionist when we rang a few days before to finalise. The wedding was perfect, food was great as was the breakfast in the morning. Best sausages I've had in a long time!! All staff couldn't do enough to help would recommend

• Stayed January 2013
Good afternoon,
Thank you very much for taking the time to write on Tripadvisor.
I am delighted to read that you had a lovely stay with us at The Pear Tree Hotel.
Cardiff
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Arrived at the hotel and thought it was lovely. Were greeted by the resident cat! Also purchased this through groupon and visited longleat. Were happy with the room, amenities etc and had an easy check in.

The evening meal started off well with our bottle of fizz included and being greeyed by a lovely ambience inckuding the parrot! However things went downhill. Service was ridiculously slow and staff completely inattentive. If yiu look at our other reviews you will see that we are not serial complainers but this was ridiculous. After our meal was taken away we waited for someone to ask us what we would like for dessert. We waited 45 minutes and noone came to ask us and averted eye contact. I was absolutely fuming. In the end we had to physically go and get someone and ask for the bill. There was no point asking for dessert by this point. The next day i filled in the comment card and told the receptionist. He did not even apologise on behalf of the hotel! If he had i would have just put it down to a little niggle and remembered all the good points as in a positive person. But his complete disregard just annoyed us. This is a lovely hotel but staff issues really need to be addressed before i consider coming back.

• Stayed September 2012
Michael P, General Manager at Pear Tree Inn and Country Hotel, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Good afternoon,
Thank you for your feedback on tripadvisor and my sincere apologies for not meeting your expectations.
I take feedback from our guests very seriously and was very surprised and disappointed with your comments.
As you can read on here, this is definitely not the way we are looking after our customer.
To enable me to investigate further I would like to have the date of your stay (back in September),
Please email me at michael.pique@thepeartree.co.uk or tel 01905 756 565
Michael Pique
Also consider these accommodations in or near Worcester
Worcester Whitehouse Hotel
Bank House Hotel, Spa & Golf, BW Premier Collection
St Andrews Town Hotel
St Andrews Town Hotel
#3 of 4 in Droitwich

Been to Pear Tree Inn and Country Hotel? Share your experiences!