“Disappointing”

Premier Inn Worcester (M5,Jct6) Hotel
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Worcester
Reviewed January 11, 2014

I go for Premier Inn when I can. On checking in after running the gaunlet of the smokers outside the front door, I was sent to a room on the top floor, but returned to reception immediately. There was a lingering smell of old tobacco. I asked for a different room but there were none available. I returned and opened the window but there was a car park outside with boy racers buzzing about. Now it was cold, so I played with the wall mounted heating controls to no avail. I then went to bed to keep warm. i woke up later, freezing, so I went to reception. The man on reception told me that the wall control was not the heating control and the wall heater (which I had already tried) should be working. Turned out the switch looked 'on' when it was 'off'. At least I was warm but it still stunk. He did tell me that the upper floor used to be the smoking rooms before they went 'smoke-free', so that explained the smell.
I'm sure if I'd had another room I would have had a better sleep, but in the end I invoked the good night guarantee. But I'd much rather have had a quiet night's sleep in a room that didn't smell bad.

Room Tip: If you don't smoke, don't book a top floor room.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Worcester (M5,Jct6) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. It really matters to us that our guests enjoy every aspect of their stay. We sincerely apologise that on this occasion our hotel fell far short of your expectations. Your feedback is very much appreciated as it enables us to improve standards. Please email your booking details including your reservation number to talktous@premierinn.com and we will follow this up with the Management Team. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

Reviewed January 5, 2014

We chose this hotel as it was conveniently located for a visit to friends on New Year's Eve. The receptionist was very welcoming and explained the breakfast arrangements to us. She told us breakfast ended at 11:30 which turned out to be wrong. It actually ended at their usual time of 11:00. Luckily we made it with ten minutes to spare. The poor waiter was looking quite harassed when we arrived. It was good to see the manager helping out with a problem other guests were having at the far end of the restaurant. The food took rather longer to arrive than is usual for such places and when it did I wasn't impressed - the sausage was barely cooked and the scrambled egg lumpy. There were no croissants. The food did not come up to the standard of the Premier Inn at Emerson Way in Bristol where we'd stayed just a couple of days before. I suspect they were understaffed on account of the holiday season.

As with all Premier Inns the bed was much too hard. This one seemed slightly convex and we felt like we were being thrown toward the edge all the time.

Two points to note:

When you come off the M5, from the South, turn sharp left. The hotel can be seen behind the trees but it's not very well sign posted and you can easily end up on the main road where you can't turn off for several miles.

You have to go outside in the open air to get to the restaurant. It's only about 15 metres but far enough to get wet if it's raining. I'm surprised they haven't installed a covered walk way linking the front entrance of the hotel to that of the restaurant.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 14, 2013

Good example of a Premier Inn. Located near M5 and convenient for Worcester. Staff friendly and helpful. Includes a Beefeater restaurant on site which is a reasonable priced chain restaurant. Breakfast perhaps a little dear at £8.25, but it is good quality with a good choice of options. Essentially it does what it Premier Inn says it does. Only thing it needs to fix is to make the WiFi inclusive rather than £3/24hrs which is unfair and out of step with comparable budget hotels (Days Inn, Holiday Inn Express etc).

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 29, 2013

It is:-) exactly what is says in the advertisement. Clean comfortable rooms.
What more could you ask for one night:-)
The front of house staff, friendly and helpful.
They booked a table for 14 at the restaurant for us at short notice.
Very happy with our stay.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 12, 2013

Stayed one night with my adult daughter as a pit stop for our long trip to the new forest. Managed to get lost and ended up on an industrial park. Rang to ask for directions to be told they had no idea where we were and to ask at tesco! We did and it was located on the industrial park we were on? Got there to be asked if we had been before- er no being as I just phoned to say I was lost! Beware of the overnight trucks and gypsies (complete with ponies) outside the hotel, made me a little anxious.

Comfort wise it was fine and quiet considering its by a motorway. Lots of spare pillows, towels etc. slept well.

Breakfast was nice with some of the most enthusiastic, polite staff you will ever meet. Very impressed. Not sure of their names but it was Saturday morning 9th November. Young lady on even told me where to park in Worcester and the cost.

All in all not the best premier inn I've stayed in but did the job and nice staff go a long way.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 11, 2013

I booked 2 nights here with 2 adults and a 16 yr old, when I got in the room there was only 1 duvet for the bed so I asked the staff for an extra 1 for my 16yr old, they refused to give us one as he was 16 not 15 so there was one blanket only. Very poor staff!!
The only good part was the restaurant and bar.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Steph B
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Worcester (M5,Jct6) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. We do apologise for any disappointment caused during your stay. Premier Inn rooms accommodate a maximum 2 adults 2 children 15yrs and under and a baby under 2 in a cot. We do confirm these details in our terms and conditions to prevent any confusion upon arrival. We would like the opportunity to investigate this matter further, please email full details to talktous@whitbread.com we'll get this looked into. Thanks

Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

Used this hotel for an overnight stop from Yorkshire to Devon. Close to the m5 it is easy to find. Very helpful staff and a good clean basic room. Bar next door is a bit
basic but again very helpful staff. I booked in advance and got a room for 35 quid! Good breakfast as well.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Worcester
Travelodge Worcester
Ye Olde Talbot
Ye Olde Talbot
#6 of 12 in Worcester
Holiday Inn Express Droitwich M5, Jct 5

Been to Premier Inn Worcester (M5,Jct6) Hotel? Share your experiences!