Premier Inn Worcester (M5,Jct6) Hotel
Ye Olde Talbot(Worcester)
  • Breakfast included
  • Bar/Lounge
View Hotel
All reviewsbeefeater restaurantbeefeater next doorrugby clubovernight stopcar parknight's sleepmeal dealcomfortable bedbreakfast staffno air confamily roomsat nava great nights sleepcomfortable stayplenty of parkingfollowing morningbudget hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 21, 2013

Room was very comfortable and exceptionally clean. Staff were warm and welcoming, with very good local knowledge. Sadly the room was very warm, although we were provided with a small desk top fan, but it was nowhere near enough adequate or comfortable for a family of four. I think the addition of an air conditioning system is well overdue at this particular Premier Inn! The car park is poorly designed and we struggled to find parking straight away.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Nigel C
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Worcester (M5,Jct6) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2013

Thank you for your review. It really matters to us that our guests have a comfortable nights sleep, and we guarantee this. We do sincerely apologise that on this occasion we failed to provide this. Please be assured that all your feedback is very important to us as we endeavour to meet all our customer’s needs. Please email your booking details to talktous@premierinn.com and we will be in contact directly. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

I checked in about 2:30 p.m. On leaving my room an hour later I reported that my TV was not working and was promised someone would look. On returning at nine p.m. Nothing had been done - I am old enough to survive with no TV so reported this and told them not to bother now, irritating but not the end of the world.
I ordered a racing post newspaper (and paid). The lady on the desk said 'that goes down as USA Today', I queried this and showed her my current copy of the racing post but she assured me all was well. The following morning I was woken at 6 a.m. by some clown banging on my door presumably looking for a friend (not hotels fault) so gave up and got up. Guess what? On asking for my Racing Post I was told that I ordered USAToday!!! No paper and nearest newsagent 4 miles away I was told.
Staff attitudes (but not actions) were good, the room was fine but at over £80 for the night this was dismal service and I feel thoroughly cross and ripped off - at 8 a.m. I have already complained to premier inns and will await a response - I bet this didn't happen to Lenny Henry !
P.S late addition - I checked out at 9 a.m. And my entire stay was refunded. Congratulations on prompt action staff.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 17, 2013

myself and my 3 children stayed for 2 nights. the room, hotel was really clean. staff most helpful and friendly. the room had everything u could possibly want. my only downside was that the room was really hot. there was no air con and the fan that was provided did very little breakfast was excellet value for money couldn't fault it. however despite the heat we had a very enjoyable first stay at premier inn. will defenatley stay again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Upon arrival the staff were extremely helpful. During our stay the staff booked us taxis & conversed with us about the nature of our stay-very friendly. However, as has been commented in other reviews, the hotel room was hotter than the sun & impossible to sleep in! A quibble free refund of one night was offered-when I insisted on a refund of the two nights (given that no alternative room was offered nor any alternative solution) the tone changed slightly & I was disappointed to feel a sense of disdain from the member of staff in question. It felt rather embarrasing-whilst there was no argument about the refund equally there was no apology & a rather hostile comment repeated several times that her colleague hadn't informed her of our complaint added to my feeling uncomfortable. I have been a Premier Inn customer for many years & I have never taken advantage of the refund guarantee because I have always been satisfied so I was a little disappointed to feel red faced when claiming it this time. However, I cannot fault the Premier Inn brand and whilst this was a disappointing experience it was more to do with environmental factors than a lack of attention and care at the core of the business. Maybe avoid this hotel until air con' is fitted but don't avoid Premier-they are generally wonderful.

Room Tip: Wear a wet towel to bed!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank SUZANNE S
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Worcester (M5,Jct6) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. At it remains our main objective to deliver a high standard of customer service in all our establishments and we do apologise that on this occasion we failed to achieve this. Please be assured that your feedback is very important as it enables us to improve standards. Please email your booking details including your reservation number to talktous@premierinn.com and we will follow this up with the Management Team. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

stayed for 5 night for work as nearest to office. everything fine except the heat especially at night. was hotter inside than out. wall thermostat never went below 28.5. had to have fan on all night so hardly slept with the heat and then noise from the fan. was up for work at 6.30 and felt totally exhausted and drained, dreaded going back after work. Cant understand why it was so hot, everyone was complaining, think rooms so well insulated heat is worse in than outside. The staff were brilliant, got a room on first floor as is policy for single females and they didn't say my room number out load again policy but after the first day when there were people at reception I was asked my rook number to get my key !. All round good but my boss said I should have moved after the first night, I needed to be at my best for a big project at work but was just exhausted. Have stayed in numerous Premier Inns for pleasure with my husband before but never been in on as hot where I just could not sleep. I kn ow it will cost a lot but Premier need to invest in air con.

Room Tip: dont book if more than 18 degrees outside
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business