“Three Pears Restaurant”

Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Worcester
Worcestershire
“Three Pears Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2013

Went to lunch at the Three Pears Restaurant, opposite the Premier Inn and I have to say we were impressed. Was greeted by the very friendly manager, she asked us what table would be best for us (mother has mobility problems) and seated us straight away. She took our drinks order and said our waitress would be back shortly to take our order. A few moments later our smiley waitress came and took our food order.
Food came and we have to say we enjoyed it, served hot and just as we ordered. This has been the best customer service we have experienced in a long time. Well worth a visit.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
gloucestershire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2013

We recently stopped at the Premier Inn Worcester, and we decided to eat in the beefeater on site, I have to say the service we received was top notch! Adam served us and he was very friendly & was ace at his job! I particularly liked how the whole team worked well with each other and the restaurant manager on shift was great too, he seemed really hands on! The same gentleman was serving on breakfast the following morning, again the whole breakfast team was smiley, friendly & efficient... I have to say this is one of the best beefeaters we have eaten at! Well done :)

N Yorks
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013

A handy venue just off the motorway and one we have used before. As ever the staff were friendly and efficient. The lift was out of order but they explained that they were trying to put families with pushchairs etc into ground floor rooms and other, more easily mobile folk, upstairs. This seemed like an application of common sense, so well done! The room was clean, quiet and we had a great night's sleep. If parking you need to get a permit when checking in. The car park can be used as a pay and display location for rugby fans as the local rugby team, Worcester Warriors play close by - something to be aware of when timing one's visit or arrival.
The Three Pears Beefeater Grill, adjacent, is excellent. Ordinarily I would not choose to eat in a Beefeater but we have used this before and again on this occasion and the quality of food and service is very good indeed. Fresh fruit at breakfast, freshly made scrambled eggs on demand are just two examples.

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

We booked this hotel several months ago, for a family gathering as this was a central base for family all around the UK. We hired the conference room in the 3 pears opposite .. Initially we arrived before checkin and in fairness the receptionist was really friendly and helpful and our rooms were allocated on 2nd floor. the receptionist was really friendly and helpful. The lift was out of order but that didn't bother me. I booked two rooms and we were allocated 217 and 201. The room was clean but not the cleanest. I have stayed in cleaner premier inns. The soap dispenser didn't work in the bathroom and there was dust on the tv, and dust on the spoons.

As there was a large family gathering, some of us were staying here. we had numerous rooms throughout the hotel and many of the family wasn't happy cos they didn't get a good nights sleep because there was a 2 coaches which the rugby team staying here. They advised that they team were playing rugby in the corridors .. they will complain separately.

my main concern and I have complained about this before when I stayed in premier inn in portishead. I booked on line for 2 adults, when I received invoice it had Mr and Mrs .. why is a large organisation assuming everyone who stays and hotel are hetrosexual .. what if you were siblings, friends. being a gay man who is happily married to by civil partner and have been for 4 years. Why do they assume. when I complained to premier inn in novmeber when this happened before. they advised me that it was a computer error and its for ease and speed. it wouldn't happen again .. I was initially upset and when I went over go family gathering, my family tried to cheer me up. I was extremely upset and distressed by this. My family and husbands family spent a large amount of money by staying at this hotel and hiring the conference room. We. Had a buffet, and paid for breakfast the following morning. We also spent a large amount of money on drink. So to assume to put Mr and mrs on an invoice, is not acceptable ..

I always put reviews on trip advisor and I have also contacted the hotel direct.

I hope this wont happen again,

On a positive note the staff were friendly at breakfast and the full English is cooked to order. a wide variety of choice of cereals, breads, yogurts etc .

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Burton Latimer, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2013

The staff were very friendly and helpful here.The restaurant here was one of the best Beefeaters I have eaten in because the food and service was really good and it made me feel at home. The hotel position was really good and easy to find.I enjoyed the breakfast the poached eggs were done the way I like them.The only negative was the bed in room 22 was too hard for me which my night's sleep was broken up a bit.I would stay here again in another room.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Birmingham
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2013

we stayed for one night as we were running the worcs half marathon. room was clean and we slept well. We used the restaurant for dinner and we were glad we booked a table ahead as it was very busy. the following morning we had breakfast which was good value for money. staff were pleasant in both hotel and the very busy restaurant.

Chorley, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2013

Oh, the hotel rooms are much as you would expect, but this is one of the older Premier Inns - perfectly placed if you're bombing up and down the motorway - but not really ideal if you want to visit Worcester...it's really a motorway stop-over, and, in that respect, fine.

But the staff are not as friendly as they might have been; I'd booked two rooms in my name. That caused endless confusion. They rang me the night before to see if it wasn't a mistake; then, when my son and brother-in-law got there ahead of me, there was more confusion, but not before the receptionist completely blanked them for over 10 minutes, while she dealt with some engineer about having the lift repaired. No one would have expected her to end the conversation, but she didn't even acknowledge their presence, or apologise for the delay.

Then she didn't do the usual Premier Inn countdown of 'Breakfast times', 'Quiet Night guarantee', 'Did you want a reservation for dinner?' - that sort of thing. It's no big deal, but if they don't tell you about the Quiet Night Guarantee, you don't know about it!!!!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business