“An improvement on last time, but the food needs work”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of House Worcester

Ranked #268 of 338 Restaurants in Worcester
Cuisines: Cafe, International
Dining options: Drinks, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Description: A quirky, vibrant place. Dedicated to good food and great service. Great drink and fun.
London, United Kingdom
“An improvement on last time, but the food needs work”
Reviewed February 10, 2014

I recently re-visited house after previously visiting with a former colleague.

It has to be said that the service is much better. It is wholly more professional, and the staff are more attentive and polite.

The food however, still needs work. I'd recommend that people visiting keep it simple and go for a burger or a sandwich. One of the guys I was with ordered some sort of chicken dish with chips. It looked terrible and there really wasn't a lot of it. The sauce accompanying the steaks isn't great either.

If you are planning on visiting House just for drinks, you'll have a good time. However, the food is still pretty poor and is over-priced for what it is.

• Visited February 2014
Andrew H, Public Relations Manager at House Worcester, responded to this review, March 20, 2014
Dear Superted

We are both pleased and at the same disappointed that you had an average experience in our restaurant. We would very much like the opportunity to change your view and also learn from your feedback. It has to be said your feedback is excellent and we have already made good steps.

I appreciate your visit was some time ago now be we still want to learn. I you have any additional feedback I can share with the team please email on customerservice.house@yahoo.com

Kind regards

Worcester, United Kingdom
“Pre theatre meal”
Reviewed February 6, 2014

Myself & my wife chose House in the Crowngate Worcester for a meal before going next door to Huntingdon Hall for a concert.
We use House quite a lot when, shopping in town, for a quick snack and a brew, as we love the setting and ambience of the place.
We hadn't eaten an evening meal in there before and were quite shocked by some of the comments on here about the place, however we were not deterred due to our previous experience.
Well we had an excellent meal (Malaysian curry & ribeye steak sandwich) food was great and very tasty and the staff couldn't have been anymore friendly or attentive.
We would definitely recommend the House, it's a shame some people have had an unpleasant experience but don't be put off by what I reckon must have been isolated cases.
It's very clean & tidy and has a lovely cosy atmosphere about it, we found the Staff to be great and it is definitely better than the two & a half star average it currently holds.

• Visited February 2014
Dear Rick B

Dear visitor

Thank you for your great feedback on the site. It is very appreciated. We are committed to making every visit to our venue as fantastic as possible for all customers.

I appreciate that your visit was some time ago but if you have any additional feedback I can share with the team please email on customerservice.house@yahoo.com

Kind regards
“Hugely Disappointed”
Reviewed January 25, 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend lives in Droitwich and we decided to have a night out in Worcester and meet up with his parents.

My boyfriends mum had mentioned about house saying how lovely it was on her previous visits so we were all willing to go there and try something new.

Upon arriving first impressions were great. The decor looked fab and the atmosphere was inviting. We sat down and the waiter brought over some menus and took our drinks order.

Only when we were ready to order food were we informed that around 5 or 6 items from the menu were not available. This included two steak options which our party were planning to order. A bit annoyed we asked for 5 more minutes to look again and we decided to have some Tapas. Once again when we came to order we were told that a couple of options were not available. I'm sorry, but this is completely out of order. We should have been told this as soon as we sat down.

We ended up not eating at house in the end and took our bottle of wine with us as it had totally ruined our atmosphere. To make things worse, when we came to pay we were told the card machine was not available to pay by. Again completely unacceptable for 8.00pm on a Saturday night.

Most likely won't be returning and if you can't provide the items on the menu I suggest you put more than pancakes and a cranberry ciabatta on the specials board.

Visited January 2014
2 Thank xhattiex
Worcester
“Hummus/Cockroach Wrap!”
Reviewed January 8, 2014

I was so delighted to have found such a gorgeous restaurant in Worcester last year, it was so lovely to eat outside in the summer months. We have eaten lunch there every Saturday right up until the end of August 13, when I was eating a hummus, wrap a dark object squeezed out of the bottom of the wrap, I picked it up thinking that it was a small piece of aubergine & was just about to eat it when I realised it was a moth!!! I took a photo of it & then complained to the staff; they apologised & refunded the price of the wrap & made a bruschetta for me with extra dips & fries, which I hardly touched as I felt physically sick! They sent a member of staff out to the table with another apology from the chef.
I have not been able to eat there since, which I am very disappointed about because it had become my favourite place to eat in Worcester.
When we got home & showed the photos to friends we zoomed in & realised that it was actually a cockroach & not a moth!! My Husband emailed the restaurant in September 2013 to inform them of that & they have never replied & that was 12 weeks ago!! Very Bad!

Visited August 2013
1 Thank NatalieWorcester
Worcester, United Kingdom
“Not a place to eat on a Friday evening”
Reviewed January 6, 2014

We ate here on a Friday evening. The food was OK and the service friendly. It took several attempts to find a table were we were not frozen by the door being left open or deafened by the music. I don't think they want people to eat here in the evening. When I asked for a coffee after my meal at 9pm I was told the coffee machine had been switched off. May try for lunch sometime.

• Visited December 2013