“Fantastic !!”
Review of Browns at The Quay

Browns at The Quay
Reserve with OpenTable
Browns at The Quay is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #48 of 372 Restaurants in Worcester
Cuisines: Contemporary, Gastropub, Wine Bar
Good for: Business meetings, Large groups, Scenic view, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Set on the beautiful and tranquil setting of the River Severn's South Quay just a stones throw away froml the hectic city life. This spot is an absolute favourite for families and visitors to Worcester alike. At any time of day enjoy relaxing while the children play in the fountains, or feed the swans on the river. Start your day relaxed. Join us for a morning tea or coffee, or get set for the day with a continental style breakfast 11am - 3pm: Want to escape the city buzz for a relaxed lunch? The Quay offers a modern and multicultured variety of choices for a quality lunch. Italian and flat breads, pastas, tapas, and daily specials. 3Pm - 5pm: The traditional english afternoon tea. A selection of teas, cakes, pastries sandwiches and everything you need to enjoy the beautiful River Severn views. 5Pm: Looking to dine out for the evening? Want to treat friends or a loved one? Then book in with us for our evening service. Make a choice from our fresh fish counter, or select from our menu of specials designed by our top team of chefs. Experience the heighst of fine dining and enjoy an exquisite evening. Late: We take you late while you enjoy the sights and sounds of the South Quay. This is a time for a wide ranging choice of cocktails, wines and champagnes, a perfect finish to the day. The Quay also offers a conference room available for corporate events or private hire. With a variety of options, including cocktail making courses, and wine tasting with a selection of the best wines from across the world. We can tailor the experience to your needs. Contact us to discuss your options.
Reviewed March 7, 2013

This place ticks all the boxes for me the venue is fantastic with views of the river seven, inside great attention to detail has been put into all decor from beautiful glass wear to scrumptious chairs to sit on, the staff and on point, friendly and willing to help in any manner. My first visit was for lunch with my mother last year the food was beautifully presented and delicious, I had the chicken skewers, while my mother had a prawn dish they came served on slate plates and looked as good as they tasted we followed this with the dessert platter for sharing which is a absolute must !
Since then I have been several times for anything from afternoon tea by the river to a night on the cocktails with the girls, the service and food has been exemplary on each occasion and is now my default restaurant when recommending to friends and family for the perfect night out.

Reviewed February 19, 2013

Ate here a few days ago as part of a party- drinks took forever to order at the bar to begin with and I was waiting over 20 minutes before I got served (only 12 in our group so not that many).

Ordered pork tenderloin and unfortunately when it arrived it was on a cold plate and the meat was stone cold.

Veg and potatoes served in separate serving plates were piping hot.

Sent my pork back (and 4 other people had to send their cold mains back too) without quibble.

Unfortunately by the time my pork came back (and it was hot this time) the sides of veg and potatoes on the table were now cold- didn't want to wait another 20 minutes for more so had cold veg.
The steaks that were sent back at the same time were either microwaved or flash fried hot again as exactly the same steaks came back re-heated; a bit of an issue for people who has ordered rare steak which was now over medium!

The waiting staff tried to help and took some money off the bill but unfortunately that doesn't really make up for our group's meal being totally disjointed.

I may return as part of a couple or smaller group but wouldn't go back with groups of 8+ people as it felt like they couldn't cope with serving the bigger group effectively.

1  Thank __Sarah__85_12
Reviewed February 17, 2013

We came here on a Saturday evening and the atmosphere was buzzing with groups eating or hanging out with the bar.

Having chosen to have a cocktails and nibbles it was great to see that not only did they do tapas style small dishes but also sharing platters.

We chose the chacuterie board which came with Italian meats, breads, olives, sundried tomatoes and more.

It was a great selection and was a large serving for the two of us. Great to graze on while we enjoyed the cocktails.

A great selection of wine, cocktails and spirits. Certainly a great start for an evening in Worcester.

We had a window seat overlooking the river which has burst its bank and it looked like the restaurant was in the river surrounded by swans - fantastic view!

Reviewed February 4, 2013

Went there for lunch and was really really great. Its not the most inexpensive place I've ever lunched at but as in all things you get what you pay for! Staff were great (as usual) and the quality of the food was top class. I urge anyone who wants a good quality dining experience to give this place a try .

1  Thank Lynn9990
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Decided to try The Quay after walking past it for five years, totally not what I expected. Thought it would be something middle of the road that would be swiftly forgotten, how wrong could I be!
Decor and service were very good not to mention a wide selection of drinks catering most tastes. We had a roast chicken to share (presented beautifully) which was the best I've had I think. Definately want to go back ASAP and try the evening menu especially interested in the cracking drinks menu, not driving this time!!
Well done whoever runs this place.

1  Thank Cordrad