“Wish i had seen the other reviews first!!”
Review of Bytheways - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Bytheways
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Worcester, United Kingdom
“Wish i had seen the other reviews first!!”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

This cafe was lovely when it first opened but boy has it gone downhill!! We visited today and ordered one latte,one hot chocolate,an orange drink and a coke along with two 'Rocky Rd' traybakes for the children.The staff were grubby looking and surly to say the least apart from one pleasant young girl.The drinks finally arrived and the latte was only lukewarm but my husband decided to "just drink it and get the hell out of here"!The hot chocolate was fine according to my daughter.The traybakes had been forgotten so we had to ask again...and then wished we hadn't bothered.They were possibly the most disgusting thing i've ever tasted.When my little boy asked to go to the toilet so he could spit it out we had to try it ourselves and they were stale,cheap and nasty.At two pounds each they were also daylight robbery.All in all it was £13 wasted...do yourself a favour,avoid this place like the proverbial plague,pay a couple of pounds more and get something tasty,hot and edible from M&S!!!

• Visited January 2013

“Pants”
Reviewed December 3, 2012 via mobile

Wish the rude scruffy bloke would get the sack..... Think this coffee shop would do a lot better if he did......

1 Thank tobybroom
West Yorkshire, United Kingdom
“Awful”
Reviewed November 18, 2012

We went into this cafe for a late breakfast before we visited the cathedral . I ordered a vegetarian breakfast which unusually included a beginning burger .This was indelible ,deep fried containing potato peas & carrots .When I pointed this out to the man behind the counter he replied with "it's not my fault " .He then tried to charge us for an extra coffee and for a more expensive breakfast .When I corrected him he rolled his eyes and tutted.There are 3 girls behind the counter who stand around on there phones and turn the music up constantly .Give this place a miss its terrible !

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank ebo27
Worcestershire
“Terrible!”
Reviewed October 18, 2012

I've only had bad experiences here - from mould on the cheese in my sandwich, to my colleague being served a vegetarian panini with a piece of ham stuck to bottom of it (not spotted until half way through eating!) from an unclean grill. The cakes must be purchased on mass at a low cost as they are always tasteless and greasy. The staff are not well trained, they had one young man working there who was always very friendlly but on the whole it seemed as though they had a production line in operation that was ineffective. Even though there were 2 or 3 people behind the counter if they weren't the designated person to take the order, take the payment etc then you had to wait for the rigt person who could. They invariably get the order wrong. I've been handed a baguette when I asked for a sandwich, asked for it to be swapped and then they gave me the wrong filling etc etc. I gave it a few tries as it was in a convenient place but after the 'mould' incident I certainly don't go here anymore!

Visited August 2012
1 Thank Ge0rgie1
“crap”
Reviewed October 7, 2012

waited ages for a coffee... wen it came was cold ..... rude bloke working there..... bullying staff... won't go there again

2 Thank tobybroom