“Different”
Review of Bevere Gallery

Bevere Gallery
Ranked #15 of 54 things to do in Worcester
Reviewed August 17, 2013

It's a good job that there is a sign from the road, otherwise you would never know that tis place existed.

I've been here three times now but find that, whilst it's friendly enough it's a tad austere and lacks that welcoming, cosy, relaxing ambience you want when enjoying a coffee.

No qualms on the coffee/tea, it's good quality and steaming, I just would like to be able to 'chill out' a bit more.

Kim T, Owner at Bevere Gallery, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2013

Many thanks for taking time to write about your visit I am pleased to hear that our staff were friendly and the coffee good. I am disappointed that you found the atmosphere lacking and austere though. We are hoping to be able to play some light music in the cafe soon which you may feel will make a difference. We refurbished the cafe last January in a modern, light, clean and minimal style - which has largely been well received. We know that we cannot please everyone and I am sorry that you felt strongly enough that you needed to report it here. Hopefully you will choose to visit us again when I would be more than happy to offer you a complimentary coffee and chat through your comments in person.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

Very limited menu and they wanted to charge extra for slight amendment to food order because of this which didnt endear us to what might have been a regular stop off..as such wont be visiting again.

Kim T, Owner at Bevere Gallery, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2013

I am very sorry to hear or your disappointed visit and that you found our menu limited....we cook everything fresh in our own kitchen daily and aim to have three 'specials' a day in addition to our standard menu where there are always at least 8 other items to choose from. I'm not sure what 'extras' you were charged for, as we took 'extras' off the menu around March. Needless to say we don't like unhappy customers, if you decide to give us another go please do ask for me on your next visit and you can discuss with me personally any further comments.

Reviewed November 6, 2012

Occasional sculpture displays in the garden. Look at their web site to see what collections may be on display as well as their regular artists. After the gallery you can walk through to a river Severn walk ( permission to leave the car would be needed) which isn't too muddy

1  Thank gtrot
Reviewed October 19, 2012

Well worth a visit on the north side of Worcester. Nice cafe and interesting art/ceramics to buy in all price ranges

Reviewed August 5, 2012

Where to go for a short Sunday drive, morning coffe and a taste of art and craft? - The Bevere Gallery fitted the bill, as we were able to get there in about 20 minutes, with the Worcester North junction of the M5 a 'stones throw' from this secluded little art gallery. Down a narrow country lane, well sign posted, you come upon a beautiful Regency house in a walled garden and the Bevere Gallery is adjacent to it, housed in what must have been an annex to the old house some years ago. The conversion is strange, with the gallery and tea rooms now resembling a 1950s property. However the setting is beautiful and having parked, it is best to explore the Sculpture Trail first of all, which runs within the wood of the 'big house'.

The sculpture trail is interesting with pieces scattered throughout the dense undergrowth. There is a directed pathway, so you don't miss any of the art work. Sadly, most of them, in the current exhibition, are quite small pieces - pottery, steel constructions, wood carvings and glass panels, so you have to spot them hidden beneath trees and behind compost heaps. A guide sheet is provided that lists the artists and prices. Having recently bought a 12 ft galvanised steel sculpture for our own garden, from an exhibition nearer home, to add to my collection of pottery and ceramic sculptures, I found the prices of the artists' work at the Bevere, expensive. There must be a heavy 'mark-up' by the gallery, as I cannnot imagine these being the artists' own price.

The sculpture trail complete, leaves the gallery to investigate, which leads one into the tea room, containing inside and outside tables, Again, the galery had a fine exhibition on two floors of ceramics, pottery, paintings and prints by Cornish artists, adding to the regular exhibitors. But again, the prices far exceeded what I pay elsewhere for pots by the same potters. A piece by Richard Godfrey, a particular favourite of mine, was 100% more expensive at Bevere - out of the means of most visitors. Still, an enjoyable experience, if not a purchase here!

Into the tea rooms to finish our morning, we found the menu reasonably priced. The scones and toasted tea cakes were very fresh but the coffee had clearly been standing on a hot plate for hours and was so well and truly stewed that my partner tipped it away. Other visitors seemed to be enjoying an early lunch of good looking and generously filled sandwiches, while in the corner of the outside patio a potter in residence was busy pinching his porcelain into petal shaped vases.

5  Thank Paul B