“What a great Indian”

Altafs Balti
Ranked #80 of 341 Restaurants in Worcester
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“What a great Indian”
Reviewed October 16, 2013

Most friends had already said how good it was so last Friday along the 4 of us went.
Very smart inside, we were shown to our table (best to book)
Staff very pleasant and its great to see the kitchen which is spotless.
Not the largest menu I`ve seen but some great dishes.
Starters and mains were great, as were their size.
The "hot" means hot and not like some places a tepid madras.
The medium naan was hardly half eaten due to its size.
We`ll be back again asap.
Definitely one of the best in Worcester.

• Visited October 2013
3 Thank Davey_G505

“Birthday meal”
Reviewed October 4, 2013

We went to the restaurant to celebrate my daughters birthday in September. From the minute we arrived the staff were attentive, the food was lovely and the little extras they provided made our evening extra special. They decorated our table with banners and balloons, brought out a birthday cake and provided complimentary coffees at the end of our meal.

3 Thank Claire41P
“Karen”
Reviewed September 20, 2013

I had a great meal, one of the best curries in a long time. It was my friends birthday and we were overwhelmed as the lovely staff in Altafs Balti gave us a complimentary birthday cake. Great way to finish our lovely Balti.The Kitchen was open plan, we could see what was being cooked and the very hygenic.One of the best restaurants I have been to in Worcestershire. We will be back.

3 Thank Karen S
West Mids
“Won't eat from here again!”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Sunday, ordered a curry for home delivery.... Firstly what was supposed to take 45 minutes, actually didn't arrive for nearly 2 hours. We had to call to prompt you our delivery hadn't arrived to which you told me it had been dispatched. 40 minutes later arrived lukewarm.
If your a Poppadum lover make sure you order them because we were that they supplied complimentary poppadums with every order... We had none! (I don't know any curry house that doesn't supply complimentary poppadums, glad we ordered 4. Starter lamb chops VERY SALTY, struggled to eat. Once we re heated our curries( not ideal, especially if it had been sat for over an hour getting cold and breeding bacterial!!!! >> we finally sat down to eat over 2 hours and 15 minutes after we ordered. Food wasn't as expected with all the positive reviews we've read. I have to say, you did have great meat content compared to many places I have eaten but that really was the only positive as the food was indifferent from eat dish and a little bland. Bit of a let down guys!

1 Thank LynnyWestMids
“Really not good”
Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

My fiancée and I has visited this place twice. Well I say twice the second time, even though it was 6.30 and empty, we were told they were fully booked.....at 8!!! The food is bland and they try to buy you off with free wine. Really cannot see the attraction. There are much better places to eat in Worcester! We won't be going back!

• Visited February 2013