“Very nice hotel”

Worcester Whitehouse Hotel
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Worcester
Reviewed April 12, 2014

Our one night stay was very comfortable, spacious well equipped room and the whole hotel felt very clean and well managed. Nothing seemed too much trouble for the helpful and efficient staff. Excellent breakfast , well staffed . Hotel location great for city visit and hotel car park very convenient , well controlled and charge not excessive for a city centre hotel. Excellent value and would definitely book again for a future visit to Worcester.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
RachaelMitchell, General Manager at Worcester Whitehouse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2014

I am delighted that you had an enjoyable stay with us; thank you for taking the time to comment. I will certainly pass your compliments onto the staff who always like to know when their efforts are appreciated. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

There are newer reviews for Worcester Whitehouse Hotel

Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the White House for 1 night and received a very warm welcome and the service from there was perfect. Everyone was incredibly friendly and helpful, nothing was too much. The decor is a little dated but the service more than makes up for it. Plus the central location and parking makes this the perfect hotel for anyone wanting to visit Worcester.

• Stayed: March 2014
RachaelMitchell, General Manager at Worcester Whitehouse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent visit; I am delighted that you had an enjoyable stay. The team are proud of their high levels of service and will be really pleased that you appreciated their efforts. I do hope that we can of service next time you visit the city.

Reviewed April 6, 2014

I have stayed in this hotel a few times now and really can't fault it. The rooms are clean and we'll maintained and the staff are very polite and happy to assist. The hotels central location and private car park make this an excellent base to explore this wonderful City

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family

I am delighted that you had an enjoyable stay with us and will certainly pass your compliments on to the team who always appreciate their hard work being recognised. As you say, the hotel is ideally located to explore all this historical city has to offer and we look forward to being of service to you again.

Reviewed April 2, 2014

Our first visit, very impressive hotel, extremely well maintained, which is very rare to find. The rooms were very clean excellent attention to detail.
We were early arriving but were checking in anyway, which was lovely. The staff in the restaurant were attentive and efficient, we only ate breakfast there but very impressed how they just appeared at the right moment.
Only issues we had was being asked how we would like to pay for the accommadtion and parking, which we had already paid, the gentleman receptionist should have checked the system We paid £12.00 for guarented parking not necessary plently of parking. The breakfast was a bit of a let down not in keeping with the standard of the rest of the hotel.

Room Tip: Could not fault anything, the domestic staff should be congratulated on thier high standards
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
RachaelMitchell, General Manager at Worcester Whitehouse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent visit; I am delighted that you had an enjoyable stay. I have forwarded your compliments on to the team who really appreciate that their hard work and high levels of customer care were noticed. My apologies however that breakfast did not meet with your expectations and please be assured that I will further investigate in order to avoid a recurrence. I hope that we have the opportunity of being of service to you on a future occasion.

Reviewed April 2, 2014

We stayed at the Whitehouse Hotel because we were going to a wedding just outside of Worcestershire. The hotel itself is in need of a little love. It is a little dated and would be great if it was brought into the 21st century. In our bedroom the curtains were a little shabby and the carpets have been well used. HOWEVER, any negatives in relation to the decor were made up by the fantastic staff. They were very accommodating and just lovely.They really made us feel welcome. The breakfast was excellent too, with a choice of continental, full English, pancakes, porridge, the list goes on! We really enjoy our stay and would definitely stay again!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

I was delighted to read the review of your recent visit and appreciate that you took the time to provide feedback. I will certainly pass your compliments onto the team who will be really pleased to know that their efforts were valued and that you had an enjoyable stay. I look forward to welcoming you back next time you come to Worcester.

Reviewed March 29, 2014

I had booked the Whitehouse Hotel over the internet for am2 night stay.
I arrived on 28th March and paid for the 2 nights upon arrival.
I asked at the desk if I could have a quiet room and the deputy manager (English was not his main language) told me that we were in the town centre and there were not really any quiet rooms.
I was allocated a room on the 3rd floor and when I entered it I noticed the air conditioning was networking and there was a fan and a convector heater in the room.. I called down and asked about the air con and he said the whole hotel air conditioning was not working.
I then noticed the bed base was torn and stained on both sides and the wall at the window had suffered damp and was very stained. This was a business trip for me and I looked for a nice hotel on the Internet and this claimed to be luxurious.
I called and asked formthenroom to be changed as this was not acceptable.
The same deputy manager came up with a new key and said he would show me to another room... He was not interested in why I wanted to move.
I was moved to another room on the second floor that was much larger but had stains on the carpet but was better than the first.. I unpacked and decided to go downstairs for dinner and had meatballs that were cold in the middle..
I then went to bed and turned down the covers to see a few dark hairs on the sheets.. I picked them off and went to bed.
I could not sleep for the room above when they were walking around it sounded asif they were coming through the roof.. I did not sleep well but arose early and asked for the wifi code to do some work in the room.. They gave me the coed and it wouldn't work, the it do, then it didn't etc and the charge was £6 per 24 hours.
Then all the noise from above got louder and then there was noise from below.. As if constant banging and building work going on.. I called and asked if they were doing building work and they said they would check out were the noise was coming from. He called me back and it was from the gym downstairs as someone was continually throwing a medicine ball at the wall.
I had noise from upstairs and downstairs and ended up looking for another hotel on the Internet and in desperation called The Pear Tree Country Hotel in Worcester and booked a room and then I formed receptionist was checking out.
I came down to the same manager and he refunded the amount the the night I would not be staying minus £6 for the car parking.
No apology... No reduction.. I told him everything and he said well, we try our best.
I am now in the Pear Tree Hotel in a smaller room in the country 5 miles from the Whitehouse and its quiet, clean, friendly and the food is great... It's even cheaper and wifi is free and I am now able to relax and get on with some work.
My experience in the Whitehouse was one of the worst experiences I have had in a hotel and I travel a lot for my business and have stayed in many many hotels around UK and all over the world.
Advice to anyone reading this... Go and visit The Pear Tree!

Room Tip: No need to worry about air con as there isn't any..
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank June F

I am sorry that your stay and the levels of service did not meet with your expectations on your recent visit. We really do try to accommodate guests to the highest of standards as you can see from the many compliments we receive on Trip Advisor and I apologise that this was not the case on this occasion.

Reviewed March 28, 2014

We stopped at this Hotel for our wedding Anniversary also had a meal before hand,The Hotel was warm and inviting, Excellent service from the staff, wish it could have been longer, we are also members of the Gym, also took my Grand
chidren two who are disabled and the staff were very friendly and went out of their way to seat us! would love to stop again, and would recermend to family and friends

Room Tip: Speak to reception who are always helpful
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
RachaelMitchell, General Manager at Worcester Whitehouse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2014

I am delighted that you chose to spend your Wedding Anniversary here and that you had an enjoyable stay; belated best wishes to you! I will certainly pass your compliments onto the team and look forward to your continued patronage of the hotel.