“Really enjoyed our stay”

Worcester Whitehouse Hotel
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Worcester
Reviewed March 27, 2014

I stayed for one night at the weekend with my 6 year old daughter as we were attending a service at the Cathedral. The hotel staff were very welcoming and the hotel itself had a realy family feel to it, which is always welcome when you are travelling alone with a child/children! We booked as the hotel has a pool which we used and, again, found the staff there to be friendly. Parking was easy, location is great and the rooms was very comfortable with a great shower! And the breakfast staff went to a lot fo trouble to get my daughter her desired hot chocolate, which just added to the personal touch that we experienced during our stay there. Should we ever need to stay in Worcester again, I wouldn't hesitate to book this hotel again.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
RachaelMitchell, General Manager at Worcester Whitehouse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on your recent visit; I am delighted that you had an enjoyable stay finding the service and facilities to a high standard. I look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed March 26, 2014

Excellent hotel, pity we could only stay one night. Am looking forward to staying here again. The service is very friendly - it feels like a family run establishment. The location is excellent, just across the road from Foregate Street Station, so you're right in the middle of town. We had a meal in the evening, which was also very good. Breakfast is buffet style, the quality of the ingredients were top class. The room was airy and comfy. All in all, a very good experience.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
RachaelMitchell, General Manager at Worcester Whitehouse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay. I am delighted that you found the levels of service and facilities to a high standard; I will forward your compliments onto the team who are always very pleased when their efforts are appreciated. I look forward to welcoming you back on a future occasion.

Reviewed March 25, 2014

I took my mother and Uncle to the Whitehouse Hotel for afternoon tea as a special treat. The hotel staff were friendly and helpful and we were seated in the bar area on comfortable sofas where the table had already been prepared with cups etc.
The waiter was helpful, but I was very disappointed with the variety of teas on offer - they had no Ceylon tea, nor did they appear to have any "normal" teas such as orange Pekoe, Indian, Kenyan etc, most of the teas appeared to be of the herbal or fruit variety!! As a result, we all opted to have coffee.
The variety of sandwiches and cake went some way to offset our disappointment over the teas, but as "Tea" is the optimum word here, we did expect a larger variety to be offered. The scones with jam and cream were delicious, but the Victoria sponge was a little too sweet for our taste.
However, at £9.95 per person, it was good value for money.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Binzi62

I am delighted that you found the service levels to a high standard and I will certainly pass your compliments on to the team. I am sorry however, that we were unable to serve the tea variety of your choice; having offered afternoon tea for a number of years this is the first comment such as this and having brought it to my attention, I will certainly investigate the options available to us in order to widen the choices. Thank you for taking the time to advise me of your feedback, I hope that it will not deter you from returning.

Reviewed March 25, 2014

Attended a funeral at the whitehouse yesterday and found it a very pleasant and friendly hotel, the food was nice and the service good the only problem i had was at the bar NO DIET COKE OR LEMONADE. Probably just caught them at a bad time but there shouldnt have been a bad time.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family

I was pleased to read that overall you were impressed with our high levels of service and quality of food. My apologies however that we were unable to offer diet coke and lemonade at that time as our post mix machine had actually just malfunctioned. I am pleased to say that this has been repaired and now fully operational. I hope that this explains how the situation arose; I am sorry you were inconvenienced in any way and hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back on a future occasion.

Reviewed March 18, 2014

30 seconds walk from Foregate train station in Worcester town centre so a pretty good location.

Rooms of good standard and very comfortable just don't look out the windows but hey, who needs a view !

Breakfast is buffet so help yourself!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
RachaelMitchell, General Manager at Worcester Whitehouse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2014

I am pleased that you had a pleasant stay and found the location of the hotel ideal for your needs; we look forward to being of service to you in the future.

Reviewed March 13, 2014 via mobile

Staying here due to a training course for a few days, this is easily one of the best hotels i have stayed in in the country, the staff are extreemley polite and helpfull, the room (which is just a standard) is spacious, cosy and very very clean. The restaurant is lovely and the food is out of this world. Great nights sleep. Only small issue i could say is the location as its near some noisy main roads but that is no way the hotels fault. Just enjoyed a full english brekkie and looking forward to another nights stay. 10/10

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
RachaelMitchell, General Manager at Worcester Whitehouse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2014

Thank you so much for sharing your recent experience; I am delighted that you had an enjoyable stay with us. The staff will be really pleased that their high levels of customer care have been mentioned so I will certainly pass on your compliments. It's nice that our breakfast is appreciated too! I look forward to welcoming you back should you visit Worcester in the future.

Reviewed March 11, 2014

Stayed in this hotel 7-9th march 2014 for a long weekend as my daughter was playing Netball u17s for Wales in Netball Europe.
Fabulous hotel lovely facilities ,very central 10 minute to walk to the Arena ,shops and bars.
Staff are really friendly and helpful.
Rooms are nice and clean.
Breakfast was really nice plenty of selection ,and lot of it just help yourself.

Room Tip: Stayed on first floor which was nice.